Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Just picked up a used C70. Greeting Post

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just picked up a used C70. Greeting Post

Hello,

New to the forum, saying Hi~ just picked up a 99 C70 Coupe and is pretty excited about it. Got the car up in the and took a look underneath. Found Eibach Pro-Kit springs done to the car, and 17" rims fitted to it as well, but the car needs alot of work to get it to proper working condition mechanically. first thing would be a new lower engine mount, then a leaking engine gasket, then the turbo issues. Any suggestions to mods and setups are welcome too~ THANKS!!

Cheers,

Wei.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:53 PM

Man, nice Coupe! Welcome...........

Old 09-28-2009, 07:11 AM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice ride...

The questions are. What is your goal? (POWER, SUSPENSION, COSMETICS) Then if it is becomes POWER what is your Hp goal? And a general question is, what is your budget looking like?

I will tell you and many others will as well nothing is cheap in the Volvo aftermarket world. So expect to shell out big bucks for small to moderate gains in power.

Here is a typical light modders list of mods...

1. STAGE ZERO. Means bringing the car up to code and have it running like it should be brand new from the factory. This should be done first and should be a must DO on your list.

2. Intake (K&N panel filter, IPD USA or EuroSportTuning (EST) SRI (Short Ram Intake) kit, or regular paper panel filter & or a custom CAI (Cold Air Intake) system)

3. 3" mandrel bent downpipe with a Hi-flow CAT. There are companies out there that make prefabbed downpipes.

4. 2.5" to 3" mandrel bent catback system with a free flowing straight through design muffler such as BORLA or MAGNAFLOW. There are companies out there that make prefabbed catback systems.

5. ECU upgrade. This should be done last if your doing all the previoud mods from numbers 2-4. It will take into account all the other mods above and take full advantage of the potential power.

Please take a look at this link for aftermarket companies and their products...
https://volvoforums.com/forum/general-volvo-chat-5/volvoforums-resources-thread-7317/

With all that said some upgraded from your typical mods would be doing a custom FMIC (Front Mount Intercooler) kit to replace your old regular intercooler. Depending if your an LPT (Low Pressure Turbo) or an HPT (High Pressure Turbo) a turbo upgrade would be a good idea. FYI you would upgrade an LPT to an HPT style turbo and while you can upgrade an HPT to a better and even bigger turbo it becomes harder as you'll want to start upgrading internals to compensate.

FYI a 13g is an LPT turbo and 16t is an HPt turbo. 18t and 19t models are HPT turbos as well and would be an upgrade from a 13g and or a 16t. However with an 18 or 19 t turbo you'll wan to start thinking about upgrading your internals.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:57 PM

thanks~ Somthngfrce ~!

wow.~~ that's awesome information S70driver

i am in the STAGE ZERO part of the list. The engine got 244,000 km on the car, got to fix the gasket leak and the lower engine mount before i do anything else, oh, and a seafoam engine treatment as well.

The information the piping is really helpful, I'll look into that a bit later on, right now is to focus on bringing the car back to "like new" condition.

Turbo upgrade would be my last thing to do, because I'm not sure how long I am going to go with this engine, so.. if I do go w/ a turbo upgrade, I'll probably plan on getting another engine for the bigger turbo with the engine internals upgraded, but that's the long term plan.

I got a buddy who worked on alot of Volvos, he to me the B2534T3 Engine is quite strong, the gearbox is the weak link to power lost, anyone got information on that?

Thanks!

Wei.

Last edited by slideWei; 10-04-2009 at 07:17 AM.