Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Stop safely to avoid top damage

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stop safely to avoid top damage

2008 C70. So this begins with my annual summer re gluing of my headliner. I partially open my roof so that I can repair the middle section. After three days of drying in the partially open position the roof is unresponsive. Used the manual pressure release and was able to replace my roof in the closed position. Manually secured roof and trunk but vehicle gives me "STOP SAFELY TO AVOID TOP DAMAGE" when I drive. I did reset the green button and retracted the cable to the hydraulic pump. I'm willing to give up on the convertible roof but I need the alarm in the cabin to go away. Is there something I can disconnect? Any help is appreciated.

-Will

Last edited by djfunkywill; 08-05-2020 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-23-2020, 04:20 PM
Default Hi. I’m having a similar issue.

Hi. where is the green button and how to reset the cable?
my top was faulty and I also released it and moved it by hand, not the beep is about to drive me insane. I used vida to reset the module but no luck.
did you find any solution?

Originally Posted by djfunkywill
2008 C70. So this begins with my annual summer re gluing of my headliner. I partially open my roof so that I can repair the middle section. After three days of drying in the partially open position the roof is unresponsive. Used the manual pressure release and was able to replace my roof in the closed position. Manually secured roof and trunk but vehicle gives me "STOP SAFELY TO AVOID TOP DAMAGE" when I drive. I did reset the green button and retracted the cable to the hydraulic pump. I'm willing to give up on the convertible roof but I need the alarm in the cabin to go away. Is there something I can disconnect? Any help is appreciated.

-Will

Old 10-26-2020, 07:08 AM

The button is directly on top of the compressor in the trunk directly behind the back seats. Just a small metal button with green on it. Mine didn't reset the compressor. Ultimately I removed fuse 15 from the fusebox under the hood to stop the warning and alarm. The roof rattles when going over bumps because there is no hydraulic pressure. So far so good. Best of luck with yours.

Old 10-26-2020, 03:28 PM

It was fuse f11 that stopped the roof alarm. This is the fuse for the headlight washers. My battery has been draining since I removed the fuse, however. Not sure if is coincidence. For now I'm leaving my fuse in when the car is in the garage.