Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

TPMS bypass , disarm , disconnect

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS bypass , disarm , disconnect

Hello , I was wondering if anyone out there knows how to bypass, disarm or disconnect the tpms on a 2011 c70 > I put propus wheels from a 2004 c70 on my car last year . They look great but the tire pressure monitor valve stems did not fit . I dont mind the orange light on the dash so much as having to reset the warning on the dashboard every time I start my car . Does anyone know a way to disarm this or does anyone know 100 % that it is possible by the dealer. Or do they make tpms valve stems that will fit these rims and work with the systme in my car ?? The mechanics I know said no but I dont believe that to be honest . I have been searching the net for months now , but I cannot find a defintive answer when it comes to the volvo system . Please help . Jeff

Old 04-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffdds
Hello , I was wondering if anyone out there knows how to bypass, disarm or disconnect the tpms on a 2011 c70 > I put propus wheels from a 2004 c70 on my car last year . They look great but the tire pressure monitor valve stems did not fit . I dont mind the orange light on the dash so much as having to reset the warning on the dashboard every time I start my car . Does anyone know a way to disarm this or does anyone know 100 % that it is possible by the dealer. Or do they make tpms valve stems that will fit these rims and work with the systme in my car ?? The mechanics I know said no but I dont believe that to be honest . I have been searching the net for months now , but I cannot find a defintive answer when it comes to the volvo system . Please help . Jeff
What's the process to reset the light?

Old 04-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Default reset process for tpms warning

The reset proscess involves pushing in the "read" button on the lever that has the controls for the vehicle computer and warning system . Every time I start the car the message center says that the tire monitor system needs service . Its doing this because I have no tpms valves in the rims . To erase the message you must push in the read button so the car knows you are aware of the problem. Additionally there is an orange light that blinks for a minute and then comes on constantly . The orange light doesnt bother me too much but the warning system is annoying me because I have to push that "read" button every time . The orange light can be covered with black tape ... problem solved ... but what Im truly looking for is a way to turn off the system completely , so that I dont have to reset the message center when the car is started ... ANy help or if anyone knows if this is possible by a dealer please let me know . My dealer says no but I dont beleive them they kind of dance around the question.
thanks
Jeff

Old 04-20-2011, 01:21 PM

The reset proscess involves pushing in the "read" button on the lever that has the controls for the vehicle computer and warning system . Every time I start the car the message center says that the tire monitor system needs service . Its doing this because I have no tpms valves in the rims . To erase the message you must push in the read button so the car knows you are aware of the problem. Additionally there is an orange light that blinks for a minute and then comes on constantly . The orange light doesnt bother me too much but the warning system is annoying me because I have to push that "read" button every time . The orange light can be covered with black tape ... problem solved ... but what Im truly looking for is a way to turn off the system completely , so that I dont have to reset the message center when the car is started ... ANy help or if anyone knows if this is possible by a dealer please let me know . My dealer says no but I dont beleive them they kind of dance around the question.
thanks
Jeff
If that's the case, then make or buy a memory module. Will push the button/(pulse) each time you turn the key on. I have one on my STC so in the summer it turns off automatically and I do not need to press the button.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:27 PM

THat sounds simple enough . How or where can I get a memory module or the parts to make one ??. Im not familiar with what you are talking about at all but Im assuming its an electronic module that would need to be "spliced into " the system to send the pulse and bypass the warning light . Also I would need direction as to how this is installed . ANy help ? thanks

Old 04-20-2011, 03:24 PM

THat sounds simple enough . How or where can I get a memory module or the parts to make one ??. Im not familiar with what you are talking about at all but Im assuming its an electronic module that would need to be "spliced into " the system to send the pulse and bypass the warning light . Also I would need direction as to how this is installed . ANy help ? thanks
How to wite it, no idea as my car is much older. Only way to find out is by dissassembly and testing. Parts you could use a pac TR7 programmable timer. This is all speculative since for all we now the signal could be canbus and more difficult to accomplish. Otherwise modify the wheels to make the system complete again.