Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

weekend of fun, weekend of problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 12:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weekend of fun, weekend of problems

Took my car to Montreal this weeekend from Toronto, for some top down fun...

Well. First probl em is my windscreen cracked. My question is. Should I go to Volvo, or is some aftermarket glass good enough ( assuming it meets safety standards. I was suprised being a soft top, there was not much body flex, I drove it pretty hard, and the crack did not get much bigger.

Problem #2 I lost my keys, and I thought maybe they were in the truck, so I cut out my ski bag to gain access ( I had the top down) Can this be replaced, without stripping my whole truck/back seats apart to gain access.

Problem #3. A god damn truck decided he wanted to be in the same lane as me in the city. His tire hit my lower pass. door. At first look it thought it was just dented, when I got home I tried to open the door, and it was hitting the fender. If I again take it to volvo, are they going to charge me an arm and a leg for repair/paint. Or is any body shop capable of these cars.

I'm just gonna go ahead, and thank TECH up front... and everyone else should they respond.

Shaun.

Old 10-11-2006, 01:18 AM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: weekend of fun, weekend of problems

Most aftermarket company's are good for the Glass.
Some Dealers order the Volvo glass and a Glass company installs them.(That is usually when the Cust. requiests the Volvo glass)
BTW Yes Volvo makes the Convertables strong.When I went to school for the Convertables the Teacher stood on the top of the Body above the windsheild with the top down and jumped really hard and the windsheild wasn't harmed a bit.

I believe you will have to remove the entire back seat to replace.

A Regular GOOD body shop will be fine. Most Dealers will send you off to a body shop anyway.