Volvo Recharge Models Discuss the XC40 All-Electric and the XC60, XC90 & S90 Plug-In Hybrid Volvos here.

XC40 Accessories & protection plans

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2021, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accessories & protection plans

All:
I'm getting a new XC40 Recharge Ultima and would need some tips on the below.
1) What protection plans to choose? Which one is really required for regular wear & tear
2) Accessories - What accessories typically you found useful and is there a good websites for Volvo outside (Non-Volvo) for get them?
Any help is appreciated

Old 12-06-2021, 11:32 AM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Accessory suggestion

Originally Posted by greensage
All:
I'm getting a new XC40 Recharge Ultima and would need some tips on the below.
1) What protection plans to choose? Which one is really required for regular wear & tear
2) Accessories - What accessories typically you found useful and is there a good websites for Volvo outside (Non-Volvo) for get them?
Any help is appreciated
You may want a Level II power device in your garage for charging. Not sure about other countries but most places here in the U S will require a licensed electrician to install it and a permit when completed. Cost will usually be dictated by the distance to your electrical panel. If it's in the garage you're in good shape, keeps the labor charge down.

There are a lot of Dashcam's on the market, do some research and find a major brand you like. I have a "Thinkware" brand in mine. As part of the deal, the dealer removed it from my trade and re-installed in my new XC60 T8. I highly recommend you get your dealer to do it. You could use someone like "Geek Squad" at Best Buys but if they screw something up electronically you won't be happy and Volvo won't cover it unless their shop did the work. Sometimes a few extra bucks spent can be several bucks saved later. Some like mine will allow you to download a 'clip' to your phone using bluetooth w/o having to remove the card from the device. Once you've owned one, you'll always own one.

Do your best to make sure your Dealer "slowly" shows all of the NAV features to you and how they work. Volvo is still going through some 'teething' problems with the new Google system. Make them show you on the infotainment screen how to look for upgrades, that will be essential to you. Make them walk 'you' through most of the process's so you have a good feeling of how to use all of the features. These cars are absolutely loaded with high tech. You'll have a digital manual in the infotainment system but also download one to your phone or tablet for sleepless nights LOL. Will come in handy later. If your salesperson's knowledge isn't up to par with the car, ask for their 'tech' guy. I spent 20 years in the business and believe me when I say many of them don't have the ability to properly go over the 'high tech' of the car with you. If your new model has its own 'sim' card, ask him to show it to you and then ask him to log the car in to Volvo for you. If you haven't ever done one, you might not be up to all the fun of such an operation. It'll be necessary for the car to get its updates 'OTA'.

I hope I've given you a few 'good' ideas. Enjoy

Old 12-06-2021, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a Lot Jim. Lot of good information.. I'm based out of USA as well.
FYI.. This is my first Volvo as well. I too feel that even all Volvo staffs are not yet up-to-date with this car.. started to browse for RAV4 Plugin and ended with XC40 :-)

Old 12-07-2021, 08:28 AM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by greensage
Thanks a Lot Jim. Lot of good information.. I'm based out of USA as well.
FYI.. This is my first Volvo as well. I too feel that even all Volvo staffs are not yet up-to-date with this car.. started to browse for RAV4 Plugin and ended with XC40 :-)
I traded a RAV4 Hybrid in on my XC60 T8 LOL