Volvo S40 The S40 is Volvo's most affordable sedan with all the amenities of a luxury sports car.

in cabin air filter has anyone changed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in cabin air filter has anyone changed?

I was told that the gas pedal has to come off, how dificult is it and what to expect?
Please help with any advice from do I have to disconect the battery? And what to expect after removing the gas pedal what kind of connection is under it.[:-]

Thanks for you help
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-08-2008, 12:23 AM
Default RE: in cabin air filter has anyone changed?

Don't believe everything people tell you.
Use the search function on this and other Volvo sites, to easily find the required info.Also the user manual shouldhelp.
It is really easy to change the filter...and if you mess with the gas pedal, you are not even warm!
Enjoy the reading.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Costy

I was told that the gas pedal has to come off, how dificult is it and what to expect?
Please help with any advice from do I have to disconect the battery? And what to expect after removing the gas pedal what kind of connection is under it.[:-]

Thanks for you help
[align=left][/align]
Are you dealing with an 05 type? If so, it is definitely easier to remove the gas pedal. I spent about an hour sunday trying to change the filter with out removing the pedal. There are 3 10mm bolts and for some reason they were really difficult to get off. They never got finger-loose. The connection isa simple squeeze-snap clip thing but there is enough slack in the wires that once you remove the 3 10mm's you can get to it pretty easily.
The cabin air filter is held in by that case-cover that should have 3 screws that have 7mm heads to the best of my memory. I recommend you have one of those flex-drive extensions on a 1/4" driver.
You will have to deflect the filter a little to get it in there but as far as I can tell, it should snap back into proper shape.

Good luck man!
B

Old 01-08-2008, 10:19 PM

Hey Brian, it is an 06 and are you saying that it can be done without removing the gas pedal only it takes longer?

Thank you gentleman
Costy
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-09-2008, 07:00 AM

According to Alldata, it can be done, but it will be such a bitch to get to the 3 screws holding the cover in place. I took the cover off and pulled the filter out with pedal in place, but decided to remove it to put new filter in just so I didn't have to bend the filter so much.
B

Old 01-09-2008, 10:29 PM

Thanks Brian I think in about one month I will give it a try right about the time my baby girl will be borne.

Costy
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-10-2008, 09:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Costy

Thanks Brian I think in about one month I will give it a try right about the time my baby girl will be borne.

Costy
[align=left][/align]
Be sure to have a back-up car to take wifey to the hospital!! lol Good luck man. Get yourself a 1/4" screw-driver looking driver and the flexible extension available at Sears. Helped me out alot.
B