Volvo S40 The S40 is Volvo's most affordable sedan with all the amenities of a luxury sports car.

New to me '99 s40 t4

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 05:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me '99 s40 t4

hi there,

just bought my first car after much debate with myself over which to buy, finally settled on the T4 with 125k on it. So im going to do a tune up and fix the gremlins currently on the car. But i do have a few questions i need answered before i begin. hope you guys can help me out here.

1) i'll be following the stage 0 tune up here: Information: - Stage 0 Tune Up...How To Carry Out A.... - Volvo Owners Club Forum

any more to add on to these?

2) car has the infamous long crank to start up, i've checked the hoses and they all look good, hence im looking for a new FPR. Here's the problem, with the different phases my regulator looks different than those frequently described, it doesnt have the S-shape piece coming from the FPR, instead it is mounted on the rail near the pressure release valve.
When i looked online for the part, there appear to be no such thing as a 1999 or earlier S40 (only 2000 onward eg. eEuroparts - Welcome to eEuroparts.com and few others) where can i get the parts list for my model?

this here look close to the WEBER FPR currently on my car. VOLVO S40 FUEL SYSTEM 2000-2012 at Swedish Auto Parts #9404583.

3) My AC 'OFF' Light and 'Re circulation' light blinks, i believe randomly, not all the time. Read that i need a special reader to find the fault. since were talking about reader, which one should i get for my car? (is it OBDII?, will a universal one do the trick?)

4) the steering wheel vibrates during idle only, the mounts have been changed prior to sale (owner provided the receipt). i looked at them myself and cant tell if they're shot. Could it be due to the exhaust mount? i can hear a faint rattle from the exhaust mid section.

Hope you guys can help me out. ive searched the forums and just want to get a definitive answer before i whip the cash to solve these issues im faced with.

Thanks!