Volvo S40 The S40 is Volvo's most affordable sedan with all the amenities of a luxury sports car.

Ok, Some please Explain to me!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok, Some please Explain to me!!!!

ok, after driving some of these American cars im confused... american cars are so crappy, with there goat crap brown interior. some of the cheapest "ABS plastics" iv ever seen. engine componates go out. they dont look good, not realiable most of the time(and im talking about newer aged cars) crappy paint etc. the list could go on and on and on... get my drift?

So

what i dont get is cars like my volvo... it is a very good looking car, it is THE SAFEST CAR on the road, the paints are amazingly good, the dash is tuff and not crappy plastics,the engine is not only powerful enough but it would take something short of a hydrogen bomb to destroy it.and there respectable and classy. my point is why are these cars not priced like Benz or Audi or anything high class like that? how can they sell them for so cheap? is it because they were once the ugliest car ever made? becuz they were slow? i dont understand! TELL ME!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 01:40 AM
Got Boost?
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well the S40 is Volvo's entery level "sport" sedan. The S60 and S80 is where it starts to get exspensive. Most to every car maker has the "cheap" to "High-end" models, to sell to a wide range of people.
Now I do know what you mean by cheap interiors and stuff...I have seen Ford GTs and Corvettes, and the interiors on those cars are kind of pathetic for the cost of the cars.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperS40
ok, after driving some of these American cars im confused... american cars are so crappy, with there goat crap brown interior. some of the cheapest "ABS plastics" iv ever seen. engine componates go out. they dont look good, not realiable most of the time(and im talking about newer aged cars) crappy paint etc. the list could go on and on and on... get my drift?

So

what i dont get is cars like my volvo... it is a very good looking car, it is THE SAFEST CAR on the road, the paints are amazingly good, the dash is tuff and not crappy plastics,the engine is not only powerful enough but it would take something short of a hydrogen bomb to destroy it.and there respectable and classy. my point is why are these cars not priced like Benz or Audi or anything high class like that? how can they sell them for so cheap? is it because they were once the ugliest car ever made? becuz they were slow? i dont understand! TELL ME!!!
the reason they're not priced like a benz is because volvo feels bad for charging over 1000 bucks for a timing belt change and 400 bucks for a brake job...thats one thing I tell every s40 owner that I meet, make sure you have some decent mechanic skills, thats where the costs will bite you!