Volvo S40 The S40 is Volvo's most affordable sedan with all the amenities of a luxury sports car.

S30

Old 11-06-2006, 01:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S30

I've been saving some dough to buy a new car when I graduate.. yha my parents aren't buy me crap. They already paid for my school I think that's enough.

Anyway I was thinking about buying the S30 when it comes out. which should should be about the same time as my graduation. I was just courious about the moddability of the I-5 turbo Volvo motor. I know its the same motor as they are put in the S40.

I currently drive an Audi A4 2.8quattro which I love but is getting old as it is a 96. I want something I can really get into, as I found out about my audi. After I bought it I found that there was not much I could do with the perticular I purchase. It was a dissapointment. I do not want that to happen again so here I am asking this noobie question.

Your honest awnsers will be much appreciated.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: S30

I think any engine with an inline 6 would have the best modability?

Old 11-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: S30

ORIGINAL: Clutch/B5audi

I've been saving some dough to buy a new car when I graduate.. yha my parents aren't buy me crap. They already paid for my school I think that's enough.

Anyway I was thinking about buying the S30 when it comes out. which should should be about the same time as my graduation. I was just courious about the moddability of the I-5 turbo Volvo motor. I know its the same motor as they are put in the S40.

I currently drive an Audi A4 2.8quattro which I love but is getting old as it is a 96. I want something I can really get into, as I found out about my audi. After I bought it I found that there was not much I could do with the perticular I purchase. It was a dissapointment. I do not want that to happen again so here I am asking this noobie question.

Your honest awnsers will be much appreciated.
For starters you mean the "C30" not the s30. Second I wouldn't buy a brand new Volvo that has just come out of the factory. The mods available will be very limited.

I suggest you get a 98 s70 T5, 98 s70T5M (Manual Transmission) if you can find it, 98 V70R, 98 V70R with a manual transmission, 99+ Volvo's have the ETM which in the 99-00 or 01 models was a problem. I don't suggest you get a 99-01 Volvo.

As for modability the 850's and the s70's/v70's are the best. The aftermarket for these is more built up then the others.