Volvo S40 The S40 is Volvo's most affordable sedan with all the amenities of a luxury sports car.

volvo 2004.5 installing fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default volvo 2004.5 installing fog lights

Hello, I am looking to install some stock fog lights into my girlfriends volvo s40 2004.5 2.5l, and was wondering if there were any kits and or diagrams? I would need the button/dash switch, the grills, and the lights. I remember about a year ago when I was looking to do this someone had a link to a kit I could get, but recently during my searches I saw that maybe I would have to have the ECU re-flashed from volvo to have it work properly? Does anybody have any info on this?

Thanks
~Tweak

Old 12-11-2008, 07:08 AM
Default RE: volvo 2004.5 installing fog lights

Just last month I installed the OEM fog light kit on my '06 s40 2.4i. I bought the kit from MySwedishParts.com. Shipping was fast, the price reasonable AND the kit included lights, dash switch cluster, and lower grille pieces. The install was a no-brainer that takes no more than 5 minutes. HOWEVER, for my car (or year), I needed to go to the dealer to get the software download for the car's ECU. That, unfortunately, cost $150. It's a rip-off to be sure, but ..... I wanted my lights to light up!

Here's the URL: http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=MorePartInfo&PartID=368935&am p;siteid=213784&catalogid=4835

Old 12-11-2008, 03:22 PM

Ok, thank you. That is SERIOUSLY ridiculous. My goodness. But then again I come from an rx7 / modding background where anything is possible, but that is just still unacceptable. I guess they are called stealerships for a reason.

Anyways, is there any other cool little "features" or upgrades I could add while I am at it and still get flashed for the same coast?

Thanks
~Tweak

Old 12-11-2008, 07:44 PM

ORIGINAL: tweakgames

Ok, thank you. That is SERIOUSLY ridiculous. My goodness. But then again I come from an rx7 / modding background where anything is possible, but that is just still unacceptable. I guess they are called stealerships for a reason.

Anyways, is there any other cool little "features" or upgrades I could add while I am at it and still get flashed for the same coast?

Thanks
~Tweak
Yeah, tell me about it! I come from the VW family, and you can easily customize it with the VAGCOM program stuff like turn off the DRLs, enable fog lights, etc. Oh well. Not with the Volvo. I have read on this board or on others that there are software upgrades that will allow you to actuate the power windows (up or down) with the keyless remote unit. Also, if you don't have the on-board trip computer, I gather it's a cheap part upgrade (~$80), but you still need the dang download from the dealer to run the program. Sadly, I don't think there's anything that we, the owners, can easily do. [sm=lame.gif]