Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

08 S60 headlamp/bumper removal to install hid kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 03:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 S60 headlamp/bumper removal to install hid kit

Hey guys i am new here, i have an 08 s60 and need to remove the front bumper so i can get to the headlamps. I have an hid kit i want to install. searched around could not find anything. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Old 02-24-2010, 05:38 AM

You dont need to remove the lights and bumper to instal an after market HID kit. Dont make life difficult for youself. It should take a max of one hour to install. Start with the light opposit the battery as this has more room to get your hands in to get used to the process. You will also need to completely remove the bulb retaining clips because of the wires that come from the HID bulbs. You can put these back on when the bulbs are in position. Its a fiddly job but easilly done with persistance.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by crespo
You dont need to remove the lights and bumper to instal an after market HID kit. Dont make life difficult for youself. It should take a max of one hour to install. Start with the light opposit the battery as this has more room to get your hands in to get used to the process. You will also need to completely remove the bulb retaining clips because of the wires that come from the HID bulbs. You can put these back on when the bulbs are in position. Its a fiddly job but easilly done with persistance.
Thanks! I guess I just couldn't see how I was going to even get those original bulbs out lol. Especially on the battery side, know of a good place to mount the ballasts? Thanks again!

Old 02-24-2010, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by dyadeta
Thanks! I guess I just couldn't see how I was going to even get those original bulbs out lol. Especially on the battery side, know of a good place to mount the ballasts? Thanks again!
Down the side of the battery and under the light for the other one. I didnt secure mine as it is tight in there and they have been fine. Patience is the key. Oh and dont forget a hole saw to put a hole in the back of the headlight cover for the cables to come out of. It took me about half an hour to install mine. One side was fairly easy and the other was a pain as there is just enough room for your hand. Passenger side if your in the US was a $hit. If you get the dipped bulb out warning after you have installed the kit you will need to drill a 2mil hole in the shunt. There are plenty of guides on this on the net so if you get the warning do a google search. Oh and enjoy being able to see at night with your new bulbs.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by crespo
Down the side of the battery and under the light for the other one. I didnt secure mine as it is tight in there and they have been fine. Patience is the key. Oh and dont forget a hole saw to put a hole in the back of the headlight cover for the cables to come out of. It took me about half an hour to install mine. One side was fairly easy and the other was a pain as there is just enough room for your hand. Passenger side if your in the US was a $hit. If you get the dipped bulb out warning after you have installed the kit you will need to drill a 2mil hole in the shunt. There are plenty of guides on this on the net so if you get the warning do a google search. Oh and enjoy being able to see at night with your new bulbs.
Thanks a lot crespo! Yeah I just didn't think you could do it without removing the headlamps.