Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

2004 S60 shuts down randomly while driving

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2004 S60 shuts down randomly while driving

Hello all,
I've been a watcher of this site as I was planning to buy a used Volvo for a while now. My name's Ross and I live in New York. Anyhow, I finally picked up a used 2004 S60 2.4 5cyl for the Mrs. We have been driving it since last week, and all was fine until today.

I was running out to the store and while on a straight away, the car just shut off without any warning. I was able to pull over quickly, put the car in park, shut off the car and restart it just fine. After I had finished running around (about 45 minutes), it happened again, but this time I was mid turn and I felt the car shut off. I pulled over asap, restarted, and then went home. Has anyone heard of this problem before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ross

Old 12-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nine9d
Hello all,
I've been a watcher of this site as I was planning to buy a used Volvo for a while now. My name's Ross and I live in New York. Anyhow, I finally picked up a used 2004 S60 2.4 5cyl for the Mrs. We have been driving it since last week, and all was fine until today.

I was running out to the store and while on a straight away, the car just shut off without any warning. I was able to pull over quickly, put the car in park, shut off the car and restart it just fine. After I had finished running around (about 45 minutes), it happened again, but this time I was mid turn and I felt the car shut off. I pulled over asap, restarted, and then went home. Has anyone heard of this problem before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ross
First thing is get to local autoparts(AutoZone) type store and have them read codes if any are present. If the car stalls like that it may be fuel pump. But with out codes its hard to tell. Most store will scan for free...gl \and post back when you have the code read and make sure you write down the code P#### not just what they say it is.Volvo has some problem that are unique to them and code mean some thing different for each company.

Old 02-15-2022, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalled while driving fix?

So I was driving down a back road I hit a hard bump in the road and about a mile or two down the road I looked at the gauges and the brake light was lit my oil temp gauge was unresponsive as well as the rpm. The message board on the dash said something like brakes failure stop safely so I pulled into the nearest pull off and shut off the car. I waited a minute and tried to turn it back over and got crank but no turn over. I got under the hood and took the box off the computers and the fuse box because I wasn't hearing my fuel pump turning on when I turned the key a bit, and looked for the fuel pump fuse. I found it and it was good to go but just incase I started tapping the tops of the fuses and figured I'd try and start it again and bam! she started. I had a check engine light but I figure it counted a misfire. I know it's a lucky fix but you too may get lucky so just check your fuses. A bit later the check engine light shut off on its own.