Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2018+ Owners: How happy are you with your car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2023, 07:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018+ Owners: How happy are you with your car?

I'm looking into potentially picking up a V60 (Emotional want is the Polestar Recharge) and wanted to get a sense of how you present owners feel about this line of vehicles. I'd love to read about the good but especially the bad and ugly. I know nothing about Volvos so want to have as best an idea of people's experiences as I can before choosing to buy one.

Thank you!

Old 11-10-2023, 07:10 AM
Received 88 Likes on 86 Posts

I have a 2018 Volvo S60 T5 AWD and I like it. I do not like turning auto start/stop off every time I get in the car (you can turn it off permanently 2019+) but it has become part of my routine without even knowing. The awd works very well on Volvos and I have a roof rack on my car for the winter to go skiing. The power is enough to get around traffic on the highway or accelerate out of someone else's way in case of a potential accident. One thing, performance wise, that is annoying is how long it takes to get the car going from a stop. The throttle control really limits a quick take-off. Interior wise, had some good improvements to make it more comfortable. I live in NE so heated seats and steering wheel are a must. Sound system is decent to be played and heard / felt at highway speeds with the windows down. Volvo dealership Service can be very expensive with labor rates close to 200/hr where I live. So it is good to consider the cost of maintaining your volvo when thinking about owning one. I also opted for the 10 Year warranty with unlimited miles. My warranty through volvo cost 3000-3500 (I dont remember which one) and it gives me peace of mind in case of a major fault in anything electronic. A headlight assembly failure alone could eat up most of that warranty cost.

Old 11-12-2023, 10:37 PM
Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

I second Dingus1 regarding 2019+ stop/start shutoff. My 2020 V90 Inscription T6 AWD (non-R, non-CC) has been trouble free, except for BLIS needing a software update twice by the dealer. Perforated nappa leather seats are extremely comfortable, particular for long distance drives. Regarding performance, trans ECO mode produces sluggish performance, but decent highway mpg (33+ highway). Comfort mode provides slightly better acceleration. For spirited performance, Dynamic mode is more than adequate, IMO (higher revs in lower gears, quicker kickdown). Of course, Polestar tuning offers slightly more performance, but at a cost. My car's 255/40/19 tires offer very good traction and a sporty drive. However, the tire width contributes somewhat to tire noise and the 40 low profile can be the ride choppy on rough surfaces. Regarding rear storage, IMO the V90 and V60 are somewhat comparable. Wind noise is not an issue. IMO, the interior space of the V90 and V60 are quite similar, and nearly identical. Overall, a V60 T6, due to it lower weight, will likely provide somewhat better performance than the V90.