Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2020 V60 Cross Country Concern on Purchasing

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2020 V60 Cross Country Concern on Purchasing

Looking to purchase a gently used and certified2020 V60 Cross Country from a dealer. The Heads Up Display wasn't working. Dealer says it needs to be replaced (and covered). I didn't test out all the many features on the test drive. After so few miles it's concerning to me that the Heads Up Display would need to be replaced. I'm wondering what else will need repairing as we are coming from a non- volvo vehicle that has needed a bit of fixing these last few years. This would be our first Volvo and used as a daily driver in a city.
Thoughts/Advice please. Thank you in advance.

Old 11-20-2020, 09:16 PM
Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Papercut
Looking to purchase a gently used and certified2020 V60 Cross Country from a dealer. The Heads Up Display wasn't working. Dealer says it needs to be replaced (and covered). I didn't test out all the many features on the test drive. After so few miles it's concerning to me that the Heads Up Display would need to be replaced. I'm wondering what else will need repairing as we are coming from a non- volvo vehicle that has needed a bit of fixing these last few years. This would be our first Volvo and used as a daily driver in a city.
Thoughts/Advice please. Thank you in advance.
Hi. I'm a first-time owner of a 2020 V90 Inscription. Purchased new. From what I've seen of the Volvo models, much of the mechanicals, electronics and mechanicals appear, at least to me, to be very similar, if not identical. As with most newer vehicles, particularly those equipped with the latest safety, risk mitigation and infotainment features, they are complex and can be subject to failure. Over the years (I've been driving for around 50 years), I've always bought my vehicles new, and kept them for 15 or more years. I intend to keep my V90 for at least 10 years, and hopefully more. However, for the first time, I elected to purchase a service contract (VIP 10 yr/100k miles), for potential repairs down-the-road. I have just a little over 3K miles and the car has been great. No problems.

Since the vehicle you're interested in is covered by Volvo's CPO warranty, my advice is to check the fine-print and see if you're ok with it.

The following users liked this post:
Papercut (11-20-2020)
Old 11-20-2020, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great advice. Thank you for taking the time to reply and share your experience.