Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Auto Seat and Mirror Adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Seat and Mirror Adjustments

Another human engineering failure - I think. New S60 and I noticed that the seat adjustments for the wife and myself worked just fine by storing the settings into memory. However, I noted that the mirrors didn't adjust between the 2 settings. Called the local Volvo service department and they said "Duh, they're supposed to work so bring it in". I did some eperimenting and found that with the key off, the seats would adjust, but as I said, the side mirrors wouldn't. So just on a hunch, after the seat adjusted (so I could get in), I turned the key on to the Accessory position, held down the adjustment button for my settings and lo and behold, the mirrors then adjusted. Does anyone know if this is the normal way the mirrors can get "auto adjusted". Seems as though this is a "no brainer", and along with the spare tire being mounted upside down so you can't check the air without a special adapter or taking the tire out completely, sure shows me that no one is watching the store at Volvo. I don't think they know what human engineering is anymore.

Old 03-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Auto Seat and Mirror Adjustments

The mirrors are supposed to adjust with the remotes when you unlock and open the door.Sometimes it is picky.I used to have alot of people complain about the same problem but everytime I checked them it would work.

Old 03-07-2005, 08:20 PM

Hi: Appreciate the feedback, but am really confused now. I'll give it a shot on the door locking/unlocking method and see if that works. But, I know I'm a minority when it comes to my cars storage; i.e., I keep it in a garage and don't have a reason to lock it in there. Not like most people who keep a $35,000 car on their driveway and $500 worth of junk in their garage (I'm not being facetious regarding this). I'm probably going to waste my time going to the dealer on this because the wife and I keep the keys on hooks and don't have a "his" and "hers" labeled for the keys. Statistically, if I did lock the car in the garage, I get the wrong key 50% of the time and would have to go through the seat adjustment, turn on the key, then set the mirrors. The car has been very disappointing so far.

Old 03-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Administrator

Sorry that you feel that way.I have seen alot of cars in the S60 class that has dissappointed me as well.Every car company has their problems.

Old 03-15-2005, 03:37 PM

Finally figured out what's necessary to get the mirrors to adjust. Although the seat will adjust back and forth when you open the door, the mirrors won't adjust until the ignition switch is turned on. So, assume one person is short legged and the other is long legged and the short person was the last one to drive the car. In order to get in the driver's seat, one presses the pushbutton for his position, climbs in assuming everything is set up for him. Wrong - the mirrors remain at the other person't setting. You must turn on the key to any position, press the pushbutton for that position and because the seat is already in position, it won't move, but the mirrors do change to the correct position identified by the switch. Asked the Service Manager at Volvo if the memory could be flashed to have the mirrors and seat adjust with the key off, he said "Duuh, I don't think so". Again I say, "human engineering was left at the starting gate at Volvo".

Old 03-15-2005, 04:13 PM
Administrator

But the mirrors are supposed to adjust with the seat when you open the door.

Old 03-15-2005, 05:51 PM

I assume you mean that if the doors were locked and then when you unlock and then open the door, they will adjust. I think they do that, but in the case of a longer-legged person trying to get in, when you adjust the seat, the mirrors don't adjust until the key is turned on and you have to press the switch again to get the mirrors to adjust. At least that's what the dealer told me; however I'm having a hard time believing what the Service Manager is saying - anything to get me off his back.

Old 03-15-2005, 06:26 PM
Administrator

It does that with the diffrent remotes.If you use the same remote it will not do anything at all.The seat and mirror are on the same program.The seat and mirrors should move when the door is opened after unlocking with the remote.