Blower Motor Wont Shut Off - Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:29 PM

Default Blower Motor Wont Shut Off

Hi,
My 2001 S60 just developed a new problem. The interior climate motor started running continuously with ignition off. Wifes car, she parked it and of course came back to a dead battery. I pulled the fuse for a quick fix.

So my initial thought was that this was due to a bad Relay. I spent a couple hours researching this problem, and could not find any specific relay to control the climate Control system. So yesterday I took the time to pull all of them/with the exception of a few of the smaller relays in the trunk. Bottom line- No Love, the blower motor continued to run.

Researched every thread on the subject this morning and am leaning towards replacing the Resistor again, [ I did replace the heater resistor within the last year or two.]

A couple of threads stated the Climate control Module could be faulty.
Any Thoughts on how best to isolate and trouble shoot by problem are appreciated!?

Is there a dedicated relay for the Climate Control, if so where is it located?

Does my car have both a heater resistor and climate control Modual?

Also my issue of Vida has expired so I cant access any of the information
Old 02-14-2018, 10:47 AM

Default Still Stumped

Anyone out there?
I know this is a common enough problem to have solid solutions. One big issue I had in researching this topic was that repair advice was given but then the original poster never got back to say if it worked. Also some confusion on using the correct terminology for parts, myself included.

MY understanding is:
Relays generally live on or near fuse panels/ ECM and are use to switch bigger loads.

The heater resistor is used to control fan speed. Does this unit also act as a relay which has 12v going to it regardless of key position?

Then there is heater module which I see used to describe what looks like a newer style resister with blade type cooling, or the entire heater control panel.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:00 AM

I see this thread has been viewed 109 times without reply. Still hoping someone can help shed some light on the possible cause and cure for this problem.
thanks!