Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Confused

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011 | 07:39 PM
|
Default Confused

I have an 02 s60. I have had passenger side motor mount replaced and the upper motor mount replaced and i am still getting some vibration. do i need to have the front and rear mounts/bushings replaced or just replace the torque rod? Or is it the same thing? i have been told two different things and i have no idea where these parts are located or how to solve the vibration problem. Please help Forum. You have been a blessing to me before and i kow you will come thru to help me save some money and a headache!! thx

Old 05-07-2011 | 10:11 AM

I have been in the process of changing all my motor mounts to reduce the amount of movement in the motor/transmission during gear changes (Reverse to Drive). I recently changed the transmission 'link' at the front of the transmission. With the change of this part to a brand new one (new rubber/polyurethane bushings) there is more vibrations now. It is much more noticeable. Every time a replace a mount more and more vibrations are being transmitted to the passenger compartment. Unfortunately this is just the nature of new mounts. Check out this link and hope this helps you locate all the mounts you are still looking for. The link I am referring to is letter 'D'.

Engine Mounts & Sub Frame Bushings

Old 05-09-2011 | 06:14 PM

I had this issue and i found that if you loosen the upper and lower mount then start the car .Re-tighten while the car is running the Vibration was Far less.

Old 05-10-2011 | 06:25 PM
|

Thanks so much for the insight. will try to readjust with the motor running. If that does not work would i need to replace the front and rear mounts or will replacing the transmision link solve it.

Old 05-10-2011 | 06:29 PM
|
Default Ipd

Originally Posted by S60B5234T
I have been in the process of changing all my motor mounts to reduce the amount of movement in the motor/transmission during gear changes (Reverse to Drive). I recently changed the transmission 'link' at the front of the transmission. With the change of this part to a brand new one (new rubber/polyurethane bushings) there is more vibrations now. It is much more noticeable. Every time a replace a mount more and more vibrations are being transmitted to the passenger compartment. Unfortunately this is just the nature of new mounts. Check out this link and hope this helps you locate all the mounts you are still looking for. The link I am referring to is letter 'D'.

Engine Mounts & Sub Frame Bushings
thx so much for the pic..