Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Dash removal..

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 09:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash removal..

Anybody have an manuals or directions on how I can remove my dash? I have a couple of light bulbs out that I would like to replace.. The help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails Dash removal..-image.jpg  
Old 03-18-2015, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by ps beekeeper
Anybody have an manuals or directions on how I can remove my dash? I have a couple of light bulbs out that I would like to replace.. The help would be greatly appreciated!
I would call dealership and ask for parts department. They may be able to tell you what bulbs you need, and how to replace them.

Old 03-18-2015, 11:46 AM

Huh... that's interesting. I never really though about asking the dealership. Do you think that they would actually give me direction on how to do it? I imainge that they are not going to tell me/show me how to do it for free?

Old 03-20-2015, 04:05 AM

Just guessing you have an s60 since you didn't say but its pretty easy the front trim ring around the spedo just pops off use a wide pry bar plastic one for trim is best 3 clips on top 2 on bottom after it starts to come off you have to tilt the wheel down all the way and the upper half of the steering Colum cover just pulls up its snapped on and attached to the dash trim ring lift it up and pull ring out next there are 4 T25 torx screws on the spedo corners remove them pull the spedo to you there is 1 plug on the back to remove green it has a press and pull clip viola spedo is out the lamps are twist in sockets in the back 3 different colors grey black and blue all different watts and expensive from dealer you can pull the lamps from sockets but its hard but way cheaper 2.50 ea not the 15.00 the dealer gets good luck its pretty easy

Old 03-20-2015, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by natzkem1
Just guessing you have an s60 since you didn't say but its pretty easy the front trim ring around the spedo just pops off use a wide pry bar plastic one for trim is best 3 clips on top 2 on bottom after it starts to come off you have to tilt the wheel down all the way and the upper half of the steering Colum cover just pulls up its snapped on and attached to the dash trim ring lift it up and pull ring out next there are 4 T25 torx screws on the spedo corners remove them pull the spedo to you there is 1 plug on the back to remove green it has a press and pull clip viola spedo is out the lamps are twist in sockets in the back 3 different colors grey black and blue all different watts and expensive from dealer you can pull the lamps from sockets but its hard but way cheaper 2.50 ea not the 15.00 the dealer gets good luck its pretty easy
It's a 2007 S60 2.5T. I was talking about the panel that controls the the fan speed, where the air blows weather is be the top, middle or bottom to blow the air, the seat warmers, etc...... that part... not where the spedo is located... sorry

Old 03-21-2015, 03:05 AM

Ok even easier first disconnect your battery!! then you need to use your plastic pry bar again and lift the cover off were the shifter is the whole plastic bezel will come up and off pry by the rt front and lift off gently after that there are only 2 T25 torx screws at the bottom of the climate control panel the whole unit radio and all will come out lift from bottom out you will have to turn key on and move shifter back to low to do this AGAIN make sure battery is disconnected first. there are quick plugs on everything un plug and remove whole unit. there are 2 different twist in socket lamps on back of panel white and grey the upper corners use the white lamps all other lamps are grey sockets lamps 11.50 each at dealer change reinstall and hookup battery after everything is done and back in park with key out of ignition these units are very sensitive to voltage spikes!! just be careful and power up after everything is done and KEY is out.