Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hot air/cold air coming off different vents on the same time

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot air/cold air coming off different vents on the same time

I'm having a problem where hot air is coming out on driver's side vents and cold air is coming out on the passenger side... I was going to search for the damper that controls the vents this evening, but I sure would appreciate a diagram or photo of what I'm looking for if anyone has one. I'm trying to avoid the dealer for a couple of months if possible and I was just thinking of closing the damper for now. Any tips on where to find it for the driver's side???

I did see a similar post in the S70 Forum, but there weren't any photos or diagrams. All help is greatly appreciated!

Old 10-21-2011, 08:52 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well this would be the case say you want your side 78 and your passenger
wants their side 60
they set their side accordingly as do you
i assume you have climate control?

Old 10-25-2011, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Nichals
well this would be the case say you want your side 78 and your passenger
wants their side 60
they set their side accordingly as do you
i assume you have climate control?
Yes, but the driver's side **** doesn't change the temperature. No matter what the setting is the vents on the driver's side always stays hot. I temporarily physically moved the rod to stop the hot air by reaching under the dash and manually pushing the rod, closing the controller. It is now cold all the time.

It seems that either the electronic **** is bad or the motor that changes the vent supply air is bad.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:04 PM

It sounds like either you have a bad drivers side damper motor or they are out of calibration. Volvo has also updated the software for damper motor concerns through the CCM. Since it may simply need to be recalibrated, I recommend going to your local dealership and asking for a complimentary total can software upgrade under the volvo sevice/software for life program, part number 8691414, then have them recalibrate the motors. Hope this helps

Old 10-26-2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by volvotech06
It sounds like either you have a bad drivers side damper motor or they are out of calibration. Volvo has also updated the software for damper motor concerns through the CCM. Since it may simply need to be recalibrated, I recommend going to your local dealership and asking for a complimentary total can software upgrade under the volvo sevice/software for life program, part number 8691414, then have them recalibrate the motors. Hope this helps

Thank you! I will definitely try that first before replacing anything. I read that calibration may be a problem. I do have a bad feeling that the damper motor is bad. I'm going with the software upgrade first though! Thanks again and I'll keep you posted.