Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Jap Import S60

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 11:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Jap Import S60

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, so I hope I'm posting in the right place. I have just bought a 2013 Volvo S60, originally meant for the Japanese market. This means the trip computer (and any important messages on it) are in Japanese. Now, my Japanese starts and ends with arigato, so I have no idea what any of it means. I was able to figure out that one symbol was from an overdue service which wasn't reset (I managed to handle that). I have another one though that I am really incapable of figuring out (Google Lens didn't help out either with its translate function). The symbol consists out of a key with an exclamation point and 'wave' symbols, much like you get at the bottom right of your desktop when your connected to WiFi. I would upload a photo if I had one, but it only shows up intermittently. Any further info:

- Its a T4 edition
- 81000 km on the odometer

Not a single problem found in the car yet (other than my lack of ability to translate whatever the heck these messages mean.

Any help, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 07-11-2021, 11:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Niksaandewashand
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, so I hope I'm posting in the right place. I have just bought a 2013 Volvo S60, originally meant for the Japanese market. This means the trip computer (and any important messages on it) are in Japanese. Now, my Japanese starts and ends with arigato, so I have no idea what any of it means. I was able to figure out that one symbol was from an overdue service which wasn't reset (I managed to handle that). I have another one though that I am really incapable of figuring out (Google Lens didn't help out either with its translate function). The symbol consists out of a key with an exclamation point and 'wave' symbols, much like you get at the bottom right of your desktop when your connected to WiFi. I would upload a photo if I had one, but it only shows up intermittently. Any further info:

- Its a T4 edition
- 81000 km on the odometer

Not a single problem found in the car yet (other than my lack of ability to translate whatever the heck these messages mean.

Any help, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I do not see that key icon listed in my owner's manual but maybe a low key fob battery?

Old 07-11-2021, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Hi,

After summoning up the courage to open up my fob and exchange the batteries, I am quite positive that it was indeed the key fob with low batteries. Thanks mate!