Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Leak around feet

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm New to this forum. I had exactly the same problem with my 2006 V70 this past week end (Sept 22). I had glass installer check for leaks ...none found dtains on eithe side of hood workin, drains on either side of sun roof working. No apparent leak around heater inder cowl cover. Yet when driving in the rain on Saturday, another flood on passenger side. Water enters floor area under dash beside center consul. havs anyone found how the water gets in? I had to bail at least 2 gallons out in a 300 mile trip in the rain.

Originally Posted by jbreeden1
In heavy rain, water pours in above feet on front passenger side, yesterday it was so bad I had to bail the water out. Windshield was replaced in January, this started a few months later. I had the windshield checked out, no leaks were found but the tech resealed around it any way. This didn't help. My husband has cleaned leaves out from under hood/car. Any thougths, Please?

Old 09-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Default Leak in Volvo

Last year I moved to Columbia, SC and when I got another leak, I spoke to Safelite, who had replaced my windshield. It was not checked properly for the leak, should I been taken into their shop, which I did. The wonderful guy there said even a mm difference in how the glass is placed can cause the leak. However, he also looked under the hood and found something that needed to be adjusted, and he did all this for free---I wish I could tell you more, I think his name was Jason Walters, if you want to try calling SAfelifte in Columbia, SC.
Good luck, it was such a hassle for quite awhile, but knock on wood, no problems in over a year now.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:24 PM
Default Leak in Volvo

Not sure if I mentioned that when my leak was first checked by Safelite, all they day was come to my house and run MY water through My water hose over the windshield and sunroof---it needs to be check in a shop, where they have some kind of power hose or something to check with that is much stronger.

Good Luck, I know the part he adjusted was under the right side of the hood near the windshield----I think part of the same thing where the tube is supposed to carry water down to the street when it rains, I had already had that part repaired because I was told the tube was defective, wasn't made long enough, and that had helped the problem a little, I had a much slower leak.

Hope this helps some.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by jbreeden1
Hope you got my reply, I am new to the forum and not sure if I did it the right way. Please let me know if you didn't, I will resend it.
jbreeden1 I did not get your message.....go into private message and look me up and you should then be able to send it to me!!

Old 09-28-2012, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by patsfn2
all i could suggest would be to check the seal around the door especially up around the top.....this seal is used for the purpose of channeling the water, it could be worn or have a rip/tear in the seal and that could be contributing to your issue....I can't swear to this but that seemed to be the problem with my parents toyota when they had water getting in the car and floor was getting wet!! hope this helps

Thanks for the suggestion. I showered the roof doors ans windshiels for 20 minutes to look for this leak. It only seems to leak when water is sprayed around bottom of windshield on space between it and the hood. It leaks more readily with the defroster and wipers operating. Water trickles down from hump just below the center consul and one trickle from from the upper centre part of the sloped foot dash. I suspect the A/C defroster or the seals on the windsheild wipers. Drain holes on both sides seem to be draining ok as well as the drains for the sun roof. No leaks from weather stripping abve door.
rg still