Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

M66 Short shifter Prototype

Old 07-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M66 Short shifter Prototype

Hi guys, I have been working on a M66 short shifter with a swedespeed/V70R board member for about 10 months. This short shifter would work in 04-07 6speed S60R's and V70R's.

We finally got a prototype finished about 3 weeks ago and want to post it up for you guys to check out. If there would be a better area to post this please let me know as I don't frequent this forum too often.

We tried 2 different revisions of transmission mounted shifters but were not happy with the added resistance that having the cables elevated creates, so we went with the standard stick design. I really wanted one that would shorten the height of the shifter lever as well as shorten the length of the throw. Our prototype is as short as you can go with this method. It does involve removing a small amount of material from the base of the shifter assembly but nothing structural, this is just a small amount a material that needs to be removed.

The prototype has been installed and tested and works very well. It shortens the throw roughly 25% and the shift lever is 1 inch lower than stock. I have the drawing at my machine shop and am waiting on a quote. Once I get a quote I will be able to give an estimated price and if there are people interested post up a inter-formum group buy. The kit would come with new delrin shifter assembly bushings and a replacment clip that breaks upon removal from the stock assembly as well as installation instructions.

Thanks for looking here are a couple of pics.

Oh... IMPORTANT! the pictured shifter rod is with a TWM M1 **** but the design retains the stock shift **** and still has the shortened height. If you wanted to add an aftermarket **** you could do so but you would need to thread the end of the short shifter.

Name:  DSCF0147.jpg
Views: 10940
Size:  71.6 KB

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/s...nt=DSCF0145.mp4