Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

might buy a volvo S60R six speed???

Old 06-23-2012, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default might buy a volvo S60R six speed???

There is a 2004 volvo.s60R six.speed in my city for sale for 13000 Canadian. It has 81k miles (131000km) and im wondering if this is reasonably.priced for the kilometers

Im really ontrested because of the AWD and the six speed its hard to find fast cars with a manual in them used now a days.

How reliable are these cars? How long do they usually last, is that high mileage for this car?

And any other things i should know from s60R owners let me know

Thanks in advance

Old 06-25-2012, 12:30 AM

Can anyone enlighten me

Old 06-26-2012, 04:22 PM

Hi gamepsyched,

Well I bought a 2004 (late 04, so facelift model) s60r about 3 weeks ago.

Mine has 93k miles done, 2 owners, and came with a fantastic service history. It was back to the main dealer every 7k miles for service.

I bought it to replace my Saab 9-5 aero manual. The 230bhp aero was a super car, I owned it for 5 trouble-free years, and it was quick. It always felt however that it had a brilliant engine with huge torque, strapped to a car that was designed for about 150bhp. So basically, it didn't stop or turn as well as it went.

Now to the s60R. When I bought this car I spent the entire 2 hour drive home thinking that "if it seems too good to be true, it is".

Having owned v6 Mercedes and driven v8 Mercedes and straight 6 BMW, I can safely say this is the best car I have ever owned. It is simply fantastic. The engine pulls so strong all the way from bottom to top and the sound of both the 5 cylinder engine and the exhaust are very sporty, without being any way loud at motorway cruising speeds.

The brakes are very good, they do like to be pressed a bit (probably due to pads and fluid change needed), but they really do stop you without fade when called upon.

The interior and drivers seat (I have a bad back) are simply first class, cannot speak highly of them. My 2003 e320 avantgarde had the best seat I ever had, until now!

The suspension comes with 3 settings, comfort, sport and advanced.

Comfort is ok for a run with your mother in law on board, but too floppy in reality. Sport is what I use every day. It's firmer than the wife's 520d SE obviously, but it's not uncomfortable. That said, I'd prefer it to mop up the bumps a little better.

Advanced mode is ridiculous, even on the smoothest road.

The car is so poised at speed, and easily capable of direction changes.

Now to the bits you need to watch for. Shocks & Angle gear first and foremost.
Shocks are expensive. My previous owner burst a front shock, so had to replace the front two, coupled with wishbones, a service, disks and pads, he spent €3200 in one visit. The shocks were about €800 each.

The transmission angle gear seals seem to leak in alot of these cars. Mine was done around 80k, it's a big job where subframe needs to be dropped, the invoice was for around €1000.

Engines/turbos are subject to normal wear and tear but are not famous for any particular problems assuming it had servicing at regular intervals.

All up, I LOVE this car. I am delighted I bought it, and everyone that drives it, wants it!

The traction on a wet day is incredible, it's like it's alway dry. If you a partial to a comfortable luxury sports car that is discreet, then you'll love it. Just make sure that car was never abused and has a good service history.

Hope this helps you.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:38 PM

Oh ya, I have mine booked in for timing belt next week. They say the interval is 105k, but probably best get it done as soon as you purchase.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:03 AM

Good reply apparently the angle gears were just replaced with documented work

I want to know the expected lifetime of these since there are G35 coupes with almost half the mileage 70-90 k km and for better price

The suspension.setting scare me a bit i am only.18 and dont want to have to dish out loots for repairs i want fast and reliable, is this that car?

G35 coupes have minor electrical problems but all in all engines are perfect

Old 06-27-2012, 04:39 AM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

You can cruise over to www.cars.com and read the reviews there. It seems to be a place where people vent so you will usually get the worse case scenario. My guess is that you should budget for about $170 monthly for repairs and maintenance, the car is nearly 8 years old.