Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New timing belt now ECM fault

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New timing belt now ECM fault

Hi All,
I changed the TB earlier in the week lined everything up as per instructions and continued to renew belt, tensioner and pulley. Everything went well as far as I was aware but now have an error code of 643A Camshaft Control : Exhaust from my code reader. At first I thought it was the tensioner adjusted to tight as in +20 c. Re checked everything, re-adjusted the tensioner to the middle position (20c), reset the codes and tested. the car runs spot on, idle fine, pulling away fine, no irregularities to say of apart from the check engine light now on and giving this code? I've rechecked and had someone else check my work too, now I'm baffled and confused!? The only thing that is left to do is, start all over again, I found the timing marks for the cams, also found the timing notches on the crank pulley, now thinking on it the crank shaft marks line up to what exactly? there are no marks as such on the block apart from a raised metal rail which looks to start from just behind the tensioner running down diagonally then levelling out coming to a stop which is visible just past the tensioner wheel now in a horizontal position, then a space of roughly 1 1/2" then another raised rail of approx. 8mm in length on a vertical position, but this one to me seems way out of what I think would be TDC? No TDC mark, no seperate raised spot or line other than these. Would anyone have a photo / pic of what to line up to in this case? What I did was using the end of the horizontal marker as my TDC indicator lined the crank to that, top end lined up fine.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!! lol
All sugestions and ideas are greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Finchy
The car is a UK S60 2.0 T