Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New xemodex ETM installed at home ! Still have a few problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 06:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New xemodex ETM installed at home ! Still have a few problems

Please help ! I installed new xemodex ETM , new Mass Air sensor Bosch and new MAP sensor (Bosch) on my S60 2001. The behaviour of my car changed 90%. But still have some troubles! When accelerate there is no more jumping/dropping/stalling. But when coming to a stop the RPM jumps a little bit over 1100 and drops immediately to 650/700 stabilizing in a few milliseconds around 720-750 RPM. I changed spark plugs and the Turbo control Valve with IPD good one. Replaced the vacuum lines on this Valve with blue silicone ones. Changed the air filter too. Might somebody know how the idle can be brought to original 847 RPM ? You know , when is low RPM I have to let the car go itself engaging in the first gear then push the pedal and it goes like a bullet. BTW , the car has only 83000 km. Any help will be much appreciated!

Old 03-02-2011, 07:47 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Oshawaman
Please help ! I installed new xemodex ETM , new Mass Air sensor Bosch and new MAP sensor (Bosch) on my S60 2001. The behaviour of my car changed 90%. But still have some troubles! When accelerate there is no more jumping/dropping/stalling. But when coming to a stop the RPM jumps a little bit over 1100 and drops immediately to 650/700 stabilizing in a few milliseconds around 720-750 RPM. I changed spark plugs and the Turbo control Valve with IPD good one. Replaced the vacuum lines on this Valve with blue silicone ones. Changed the air filter too. Might somebody know how the idle can be brought to original 847 RPM ? You know , when is low RPM I have to let the car go itself engaging in the first gear then push the pedal and it goes like a bullet. BTW , the car has only 83000 km. Any help will be much appreciated!
Either you misdiagnosed your car repair, or you did something wrong with the repair. If that does not sound right to you, then you have a bad ETM with the wrong software for your vehicle, good luck.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Default still uncertain

MKC,

you culd be right ...... for installation , I did do nothing else than remove and re-install. I have to return to xeMODex the old one for core price and following our phone discussion , I was told that some vacuum lines might be a problem . Anybody has any idea ?

Old 03-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Oshawaman
MKC,

you culd be right ...... for installation , I did do nothing else than remove and re-install. I have to return to xeMODex the old one for core price and following our phone discussion , I was told that some vacuum lines might be a problem . Anybody has any idea ?

VIN identification for ETM software is not 100% accurate, nor are we. Besides you will always be told you made the mistake and the part is 100% correct.

These were incorrect ones for my vehicle with Xemodex saying my installation was at fault, which I knew to be false. Situation could be different, or the same, you need to figure it out, regardless GL.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:32 AM

I have the same problem after Xemodex ETM repair for my 99 S70. The rebuild fixed the surging problem I was having in the 1500 to 2000 rpm range. The car runs great now. But, as you mentioned when coming to a stop the rpms jump up and down. The idle is steady at about 850. I am interested to know if you determined why the rpms jump up and down when coming to a stop. Thanks