Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Please help car trouble...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help car trouble...

please help,,, i have had a nightmare smoking volvo s60 2.4t awd 2002 turbo problem,, it all started when the cam seal blew.. which was the result of clogged pcv.. ok so we put new cam and crank seals.. we changed the pcv.. but it still smoked,, but it was less.. but eventually it got to be more and more.. and finally i found this post,, and so we changed the #7 as mentioned by tech in post #6.. ok well omg,, when i got the car back,it was like anew car.. it literally drove like new, i could feel boost and power and no smoke.. i was ecstatic,,, it was such a relief ,,it's been 6 8 months of trying to figure out the problem,, and i thought it was finally done.. and then suddenly,,i'm getting smoke again,, and it's not driving as well,, could my pcv possibley be clogged again,, because when we first changed it,, we didn't change the #7 vent tube as referred to in post #6.. or what could it possibley be??

Old 02-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Hi and welcome to the forum. I moved this to the S60 section.

Here is a link to the other thread:
https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-...054/#post71498

Try to clearly post your problem. It sounds like your car was smoking and running rough, then you change the PCV and some oil seals. Then all was well. Now, FF 8 months, the car is smoking again and running rough again and smoking.

1. Where is the car smoking from?
2. Do you have any check engine codes/warning/etc?

Old 02-18-2012, 11:34 PM

hi respi,, ok,sorry,,i put it on the other thread becuase of the solution in that thread,,,

no,, my car was running fine, then blew a seal.. then we replaced seals and timing belt, and while waiting for the pcv kit from fcpgroton (just 2 days),, i drove it home and to work,, less than 15 miles,, but it started smoking terrible.. so once we got the pcv kit,, he replaced that,, it still smoked like a chimney, but was a little better,, then kinda sorta got better,,but i would still get smoke once every 3 days or so,,(out of the tailpipe,,it's the blue smoke, that smells like oil)... gradually over 8 months.. it smoked more frequently ,until it go pretty bad..it would smoke more when i was at stop lights, or idle.. if i idled for more than a couple minutes,it would start smoking a lot.. i pretty much had thought it was the turbo seals..but my car was running ok,,,,, so anyway,, i took the car in,, and that when my mechanic replaced the #7 crankcase vent tube as referred to in the previous thread... this is when my car was amazing! running like new,! i could tell instantly,it was like it was running better than it ever had.... no smoke,,
i know there may be some in the intake manifold that has to blow out.. but it seems that it's not driving as clean as it was when i got it back(2 weeks ago)...and its starting to smoke out of the tailpipe again.. so just to clarify,, the intial repair of the seals ,, i talked my mechanic into doing the bypass of the pcv into a jar,while we waited for 2 days for the pcv,, when i drove it home,,it started smoking terribley,, took it back asap i got the pcv and he changed that out.. it was still smoking,,but he said i needed to let all of the blow buy blow out.. and i guess it kinda was better.. but never completely went away,,and drove ok,, but not like when he 8 months later replaced that crankcase vent tube....... did i overexplain,,?? or can you kinda follow what i'm saying?? thank you so much,, i have been a long time reader and found the solution to many of my possessed volvo's issues on this board...

Old 02-18-2012, 11:37 PM

oh,,, sorry, also,, i have no codes and no check engine light,, just the return of the blue smoke out of the tailpipe,,, i just can't understand how it was so good 2 weeks ago,, and how it could have gotten clogged again/ or am i missing some clog? but if so how then did it run like a rocket 2 weeks ago?/ it's not running terrible now.. just not like it was when i first got it 2 weeks ago,, it's running like it was for the last 8 months.. not bad,, but not awesome.. kinda feels like it's not breathing completely..