Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Press the LOCK button on the remote control does not make the turning light flash

Old 11-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Press the LOCK button on the remote control does not make the turning light flash

I have volvo s60 year 03.
always, Press the LOCK button on the remote control or lock the car using the key in the driver's door . One long flash of the turn signals will confirm that the alarm is armed.
but now, when I press the lock button on the remote control to lock the car, the car get locked, but the turn signals will not flash to tell me the car is locked. anything wrong?

Old 11-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Press the LOCK button on the remote control does not make the turning light flash

try poppin the hood and slam it shut. the contact in latch may not have proper contact. and try to re-arm alarm.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:28 AM
Default RE: Press the LOCK button on the remote control does not make the turning light flash

increditable, it works.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad I could help

Old 08-07-2011, 08:59 AM

sorry for bumping old thread but i've found another solution

My lights never blinked when I locked the door the whole time I've had the car.
I tried the slam the hood trick many times with no luck.

Then I thought to look at some wire diagrams and see if i could find a way to trick the system.

Turns out my car didnt have a Hood Alarm Contact because the harness was capped off where it was suppose to plug in.

First make sure the alarm is off, pop the hood and look for the plastic clip at the arrow in this picture. (next to the driver side hood latch)

Look underneath to confirm there is nothing connected to the harness. Then pinch the black clip holding it to the body and push it down, reach your fingers behind next to the headlight and grab the harness pull it out beside the headlight. Pop off the Cap and short out the contact pins with a piece of stripped wire (yellow and black wire on harness), recap and clip the harness back into the body.

Now your lights should flash when locking the doors.

(this may also work if your hood alram contact is faulty)

I dont know why it was capped off or why the lights didnt blink before the hack... but this worked in my case.

Last edited by Racer_S; 08-07-2011 at 09:31 AM.