Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Question about my 01' s60 (Answer what you can)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about my 01' s60 (Answer what you can)

OK, few questions.. I have had this card for about 1 year now, its a 01 S60 5T 82k miles

1. Stearing: The tires rub, as fas as I can tell its not lowered at all, it seem just as high as any other s60. But as full turn the tired rub! The struts look to be stock (prolly orignal) but I didnt think this would cause a problem, I dont remember it rubbing when I bought it. But now at full turn, like U turns it rubs pretty bad.

2. Stearing: The searing radious seem redicouscly wide? The car needs more room to turn that my 3/4ton.

3. Noise: I get a clicking noise comming form under the dash (herd form inside cab) when I push the break. Like if I just barely push it in and out the clicking is fast. Like part of the mecinism. Is this normal?

4. Dipped beam failure. The lights stay on, but the error flash on and off alot while driveing. (tonight im gonna try to find the relays, I guess one could be bad, or loose or dirty. Any other thoughts?

5. Ticking/clicking from the engin. It sounds like the valuvs, but with dual overhead cams, I cant see this being a problem. It has been clicking since i bought, but latly it seems louder. Do I need a timming adjustment? Im going to try to get a sound recourding of this and post it up.

6. Gas milage, 16-17mpg city.. and im being nice on the foot. when I bought it it was around 19-21. Recently, I had 3 out of 5 coils die. So I replaced all 5 of them. I now have 5 new coils installed (and 2 extra for backup ) I also put in some botch plugs (mid-high end set) as well and a new air filter, it seems that the milage as went south after all this. Something wrong? Can over torqueing the plugs case milage problems. I run 91 octain from chevron or citco, and for the last 2 tanks have used shots of Lucas injector cleaner with the fill up.

7. Clicking on front end. It feels like a bearig poping, when I slow down and turn like out of a driveway it clicks pretty loudly sometimes. ??? tie-rods? bad struts? drive shafts?

8. The shock in the glove compartment broke, when can I get a peplacement other than a dealer?

-sorry this is long thanks for reading if you did.

-Scott

Old 11-15-2007, 08:39 PM
Default RE: Question about my 01' s60 (Answer what you can)

The answer to #3 is the brake light switch and this is a normal sound.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

1. Do you have 17 inch tires? If so that is normal.
2.Normal
3.When you hear it do you feel a clicking by the shifter?
4.Headlight bulb bad or going bad.
5.Oil pan o-rings might be bad causing lower oil pressure and noise.
6.Not to sure maybe dirty throttle body.
7.Are you at full turn? Do you also hear it going over bumps?
8.I don't think anyone besides the Dealer sells them. Have you checked out the post in the general section with all the parts sites?

Old 11-15-2007, 10:48 PM

ORIGINAL: tech

1. Do you have 17 inch tires? If so that is normal.
2.Normal
3.When you hear it do you feel a clicking by the shifter?
4.Headlight bulb bad or going bad.
5.Oil pan o-rings might be bad causing lower oil pressure and noise.
6.Not to sure maybe dirty throttle body.
7.Are you at full turn? Do you also hear it going over bumps?
8.I don't think anyone besides the Dealer sells them. Have you checked out the post in the general section with all the parts sites?
1. yes i do
2. sucks... ohh well ill deal
3. Yea I figured out tonight that its the shifter releaseing so I can go into gear.
4. hmm intersting... I have installed new bulbs like 3 times...
5. That sounds fun.. arg... I didnt know low oil presure would cause noise.. My oil is not burning, in fact its never low all thru the oil change to oil change, the onoly time i put oil in is at a change.
7. no not at full turn.. sometime wil will doit when im backing out of a car port.
8.figured.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

4.If the bulbs work fine and you have the message or if both lights go out the shunt under the dash in the main computer might have a bad connection.
7. Maybe a bad axle is the boots ripped?

Old 11-20-2007, 10:45 AM

Ill check that stuff out, thanks.