Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Radio Not Working / Screen Stuck on Selection

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2023, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Radio Not Working / Screen Stuck on Selection

On Feb 9, 2023, my 2013 S60 turned on, but the screen never fully started up. It became stuck on the selection screen for Media and/or Radio. I couldn't select anything. I still get feedback on-screen when I change the temperature or the airflow from the AC, but the radio/media portion doesn't do anything. No radio is playing, I cannot connect my iPhone via BlueTooth, nothing! I did recently go into a Volvo-certified mechanic (prior to this issue) and get a new battery, new flame trap box, and 5 new ignition coils, but I'm not sure if that really had any impact on this sudden failure. Below is an image of what I see on the screen. I have turned the car off and on multiple times since then and it's always stuck on the same Selection screen. I can get the selection bar to scroll up and down, but can't Select anything.

I did try to disconnect the fuses for the infotainment system (Box A under the glove box, fuses 16 and 18) and then reinsert them, but that didn't change anything. Has anyone had a similar screen failure problem with a 2013 S60? I'm a bit worried about more work needing to be done at the mechanic, as my recent trip wasn't exactly cheap... but I have no audio at all at the moment, so that's a big downside to having this car on long trips.

Any help is much appreciated!

Old 02-16-2023, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator
Received 487 Likes on 468 Posts

ask your volvo tech if he has a tool such as VIDA DICE that can read all codes including those for the entertainment/sound system. If not a dealer would be able to do the scan.

Old 09-09-2023, 11:28 AM

Hello! I just came across your post and my Volvo is doing the exact same thing. Can you please explain the problem and how you solved it? Really appreciate the help!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by drairigh
On Feb 9, 2023, my 2013 S60 turned on, but the screen never fully started up. It became stuck on the selection screen for Media and/or Radio. I couldn't select anything. I still get feedback on-screen when I change the temperature or the airflow from the AC, but the radio/media portion doesn't do anything. No radio is playing, I cannot connect my iPhone via BlueTooth, nothing! I did recently go into a Volvo-certified mechanic (prior to this issue) and get a new battery, new flame trap box, and 5 new ignition coils, but I'm not sure if that really had any impact on this sudden failure. Below is an image of what I see on the screen. I have turned the car off and on multiple times since then and it's always stuck on the same Selection screen. I can get the selection bar to scroll up and down, but can't Select anything.

I did try to disconnect the fuses for the infotainment system (Box A under the glove box, fuses 16 and 18) and then reinsert them, but that didn't change anything. Has anyone had a similar screen failure problem with a 2013 S60? I'm a bit worried about more work needing to be done at the mechanic, as my recent trip wasn't exactly cheap... but I have no audio at all at the moment, so that's a big downside to having this car on long trips.

Any help is much appreciated!

Old 10-30-2023, 12:01 PM
Default Same problem

I have the exact same problem. I didn’t use my car in a couple of days and now it has the exact same problem…

Old 11-03-2023, 12:24 AM

I would like to add to this. xc60 I had to unplug my Sirius module as it was draining my battery (3 in a month) . After unplugging the module I lost Everything on the screen including the thumbwheel on the directional lever. Not sure how to get the infotainment system back yet

Old 11-05-2023, 04:37 AM
Default Update

So after bringing my Volvo to the dealer two things have happened;
- firstly, I am about €700 lighter
- secondly, they told me they would update the software of the IAU. Once they had the software ready to instal they tried the usb port. They said the usb port did not make any connection with the IAU and that the update failed. And that i would need a replacement IAU. (€1500 extra)
HOWEVER. After picking up my car the whole infotainment system started working again. As if nothing had happened….

My only reasoning is that they did as i requested and removed the battery poles for about ten minutes and this must have reset the IAU.

Anyway. I advice to try the whole battery thing!

Old 11-06-2023, 07:30 PM

2013 xc60.I had the exact same screen. But this occurred when I took off the RDAR (sirius module) connections (power and data). I purchased a Brace / loop, once installed, all worked well. I had serious battery draining and when I removed the sirius my battery drainage showed a definite improvement. Still have another problem but sirius was bad news for me.

Old 11-06-2023, 07:35 PM

For anyone: My 2013 XC60 start stop button at night can be seen coming on (light) and going off, almost like a strobe. Wondering if someone has seen this? Looking at pages 24,10 and 74 of the electrical schematics anyone aware of this issue? Or have suggestions?