Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Raped by the dealer/Volvo reliability!??

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raped by the dealer/Volvo reliability!??

So I have a 06 S60 with 70,000 miles on tha clock. Bought it with 59,000 and an extended warranty 4yr/48,000 miles for $2,800. Not even a month after the transmission light turned on and I was in limp mode 😔 Tried everything software updates, being I knew the car had just had the valve body rebuilt before I got it. (Dealer was honest and said it was good to go). I rode her hard and put her away wet. Long story short I went to dealer and they wanted to replace it all @ $7000. My warranty denied me I went thru hell and back but got them to cover it thru an Indy tranny shop I went to they my boss from work. $3800 later I thought I was golden for another 100,000 trouble free problem until a week ago. I started to notice coolant leaking from the front and shortly after that a check engine light with engine service required message as well. Just got the call back from the dealer today cause I don't trust any other shops near me and can't find a decent one open on Saturdays being I work an 7-5 Job mon-fri and rotate sats. Of course nobody is open on Sunday's. Leaves me at the dealer. Anywho I just got the diagnostic today and bad radiator, front control arms and bushings as well as pvc oil trap total $4000 warranty covers 2600 but not the pvc oil trap repair which il have to come outta pocket for. So here's my issue. The warranty actually paid off In my case being they have put out $6200 and I paid $2800 for it. Total in repairs is almost 8,000 since I've had her... Where's the Volvo reliability here or did I just get that car made on a Monday.!!

Last edited by Koondaddy; 12-09-2015 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Fixed the title
Old 12-09-2015, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Control arm bushings are a wear item.
Radiator is a common leak in that car.
Low mileage car with a clogged PCV is also common. The only thing wrong with it all is the price seems high.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by ES6T
Control arm bushings are a wear item.
Radiator is a common leak in that car.
Low mileage car with a clogged PCV is also common. The only thing wrong with it all is the price seems high.
So I get that they are ear and tear items but as I've said I've already put in $8,000 in repairs since I've owned her is this gunna be a money pit or should I expect worry free driving from here on out,!? That's just a lot of $$ to put into a car within a year. Granite I bought it used and the lady who owned it before didn't take care of her so I got her with all these problems thankfully the warranty has came outta pocket but now Ima have to come out $1800 and just damn with holidays around the corner and stuff **** sucks.!!

Old 12-09-2015, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

There's no way for me or anyone to tell over the internet. You bought a neglected used car and then admit to driving it hard.

Old 12-09-2015, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by ES6T
There's no way for me or anyone to tell over the internet. You bought a neglected used car and then admit to driving it hard.
True.! When I say abused car I mean Mechanically wise cause the body leather interior and rims are all plush. I've been lucky with the warranty so far granite il have to pay the pcv oil trap repair. Overall I love the car just damn I've had a lot of $$ put into her. The previous owner was a lady with a bby I can see car seat imprints in the back seat leather. So I'm sure she did oil change every 10,000 miles of that and just drove her hard.. Bottom line is I love the car and will pay to play.!!