Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

self unlocking doors & alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 08:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default self unlocking doors & alarm problem

hi all,

my 2002 S60 recently developed 2 quite annoying problems:

1: when locking the car with the remote, one of the doors often immediately unlocks itself again (usually the drivers door (left), but not always).

locking the car with the key seems to prevent this, but i can almost feel people laughing behind my back when i need to do that.

2: the alarm siren has been dead for a long time already on my car, but for the last months, the alarm is going off randomly from time to time (no siren, only hazard lights + dash light & message).

as i recall, the problem started when the guys at the work shop tightened the screws of the sunroof. after that, together with the alarm problem, came the problem that the roof would not open when it was hot outside. don't know if this can be linked to eachother, but i have read that the alarm & sunroof electrics are in one module.

i have googled both problems for a few hours, and both problems are reported multiple times, but i haven't found a budget friendly fix until now.

my independent work shop think they can disable the alarm via SW for little money, but i'm afraid that this could cause yet another issue.

apart from these electric issues, it's a very fine vehicle, the S60, even after 8 years.

thanks for helping

Old 01-17-2010, 08:06 AM

When was the last time you changed the battery

Old 01-17-2010, 08:31 AM

hm, i never changed it (so at least 5 years)

jannick

Old 01-18-2010, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by jannick
hi all,

my 2002 S60 recently developed 2 quite annoying problems:

1: when locking the car with the remote, one of the doors often immediately unlocks itself again (usually the drivers door (left), but not always).

locking the car with the key seems to prevent this, but i can almost feel people laughing behind my back when i need to do that.

2: the alarm siren has been dead for a long time already on my car, but for the last months, the alarm is going off randomly from time to time (no siren, only hazard lights + dash light & message).

as i recall, the problem started when the guys at the work shop tightened the screws of the sunroof. after that, together with the alarm problem, came the problem that the roof would not open when it was hot outside. don't know if this can be linked to eachother, but i have read that the alarm & sunroof electrics are in one module.

i have googled both problems for a few hours, and both problems are reported multiple times, but i haven't found a budget friendly fix until now.

my independent work shop think they can disable the alarm via SW for little money, but i'm afraid that this could cause yet another issue.

apart from these electric issues, it's a very fine vehicle, the S60, even after 8 years.

thanks for helping
Here's a possible fix for #2: http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/200...repair-how-to/

Old 01-19-2010, 01:12 PM

thanks for the impressively detailed link.

i think i'm going for the cheap solution and have the SW guys disable the alarm.