Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Sport package or not sport package

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 09:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport package or not sport package

Hi

I'm considering a new T5 V60 Front Wheel Drive. I live in Canada where some of the the roads are punishingly rough, especially in the spring. I've driven a V60 T5 with the regular suspension, but I haven't tried the Sport Package. I'm concerned that it would be too stiff for my tastes. (Yes, I want the best of both worlds if possible).

Can anyone characterize how the Sport Package rides on rough, frost-heaved and pot-holed roads as compared to the standard suspension? Does the Active Chassis in Comfort Mode compensate sufficiently for the stiffer suspension and 19 in wheels to provide a smooth ride on rough roads (at least as comfortable as the regular suspension)? ... or will it always be stiffer and harsher? And yes, the standard suspension handled well enough for me.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

P.s. With the regular suspension I'd get the 18 in wheels and sport seats, but it would be nice to have the paddle shifters and Active (Four C) chassis if I can get the comfort I want too... And the Sport Package is less expensive than adding the wheels and seats.