Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Stereo problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2023, 06:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo problem

I have an v60 -2014 and i have problems with my stereo sound. The speakers sound broken from time to time when i start the car. Sometimes goes from bad to worse and somethimes just stay the same (Like radio connection is really bad and speakers are broken) , and sometimes sound is perfect.
Recharing battery over night seems to "fix" this problem every time (But sometimes just having the car ignition off for a few hours also works. And then it can work for a week or so until the bad sound starts again or the ""blown speaker sound" is there next start of the car.. I had the battry loading overnight today and this morning sound was good, but 4 hour later i got to the car again and sound was bad, 2h after that i moved the car again after washing it, sound was perfect again. Does not matter if i use radio, AUX, CD or bluetooth. Battry healt is checked 2 times and battery is good.
Have anyone experenced anything like this? Software update?
Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by Swenerd; 05-03-2023 at 01:33 AM.
Old 05-14-2023, 11:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same issue on my 2014 s60. I just noticed it this morning before I left for work, and it seems to be the same as yours. My car isn't electric so it doesn't charge but it's all good on gas, a little over half a tank and nothing happened that would have caused it that I know of. I don't really listen to my music too loud so I don't think I blew the speaker but the audio cuts out every second no matter what I'm using, radio or Bluetooth. It sounds all janky like a spotty connection on a phone call "ro- c- o- a- es" instead of "rock of ages". Please let me know if you learn anything