Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bowers & Wilkins Degraded Sound

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 04:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bowers & Wilkins Degraded Sound

2016 XC90 Inscription purchased in late 2015.

Recently received Sensus software update. Afterwards, B&W sound is degraded. Adjusted all possible sound settings (balance, fade, bass, treble, subwoofer, equalizer, sound experiences, etc). Sounds more like a rental car stereo than it did prior to the update.

Service department checked it again, and pronounced it fixed with "adjusted bass settings". Still not back to original rich, full sound.

A few days later, the stereo paused momentarily, and original sound was restored. in the meantime, it has returned back to the rental car, "tinny" sound.

We even had the service rep listen to ours side by side with another model with B&W system, and there was a noticeable difference.

Any suggestions? Software issue? Loose connections?

Old 04-10-2021, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by somejd
2016 XC90 Inscription purchased in late 2015.

Recently received Sensus software update. Afterwards, B&W sound is degraded. Adjusted all possible sound settings (balance, fade, bass, treble, subwoofer, equalizer, sound experiences, etc). Sounds more like a rental car stereo than it did prior to the update.

Service department checked it again, and pronounced it fixed with "adjusted bass settings". Still not back to original rich, full sound.

A few days later, the stereo paused momentarily, and original sound was restored. in the meantime, it has returned back to the rental car, "tinny" sound.

We even had the service rep listen to ours side by side with another model with B&W system, and there was a noticeable difference.

Any suggestions? Software issue? Loose connections?
Hi Mate,

Did you ever fix the issue with the tinny sound? I have a 2016 Volvo XC90 with Bowers & Wilkens and the amplifier died on me, so I just got a new one, but I have no bass/subwoofer/treble and nothing happens when I try to adjust the sound.

I am thinking my new amplifier is faulty, but I am keen to hear how you sorted your issue.

Kind regards,
Kevin