Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Time for Service

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time for Service

my 2004 s60 just hit the 52000 mile mark and the 'Time for Service' message came up. I just changed the oil, by the way thanks to anyone who helped me find parts etc.. Should i be concerned about the light? the service manual states that the 52000 mile service consists of the oil change,and other fluid top offs. All of which i have done. Can i wait unitl its convenient to take the car to a shop to turn off the message?

Old 02-26-2008, 11:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Time for Service

The light is just a reminder to have the oil change performed. It is meant to be reset by the dealer or service shop. It is in no way an indicator that there is anything wrong with the car, so don't worry. It's so easy to do yourself that I wouldn't put it off. You may have to try a couple of times as timing is critical.

Resetting the service reminder indicator (SRI), model years 2002-
The service reminder indicator (SRI) informs the driver that it is time for the car to be serviced. The text message is displayed for 120 s each time the ignition is switched on.
Proceed as follows to reset the service reminder indicator (SRI):
-Ignition position I
-Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer
-Ignition position II.
Note! Turn the key to position II within 2 seconds.
-Hold the reset button for the trip meter pressed in until the original value has been reset.
Note! For all vehicles from the 2003 model year a general yellow lamp will light when the reset button must be released.
-Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 4 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded
-If the trip meter is already reset the reset button should be held in for a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 14 seconds.
Note! If the reset button for the trip odometer is not released within 4 seconds, the service reminder indicator (SRI) is not reset.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thanks I will try to reset. I love that skit, more cowbell! I think it needs more cowbell.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If Bruce Dickenson wants more cowbell, we should probably give him more cowbell.

Guess what. I got a fever. And the only prescription ... is more cowbell.