Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

upgrade time.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default upgrade time.

Okay i'm going to start of by saying I'm in love with the C30, if i can talk the old lady into getting rid of her car and driving the s60 I may pull the trigger on a C30. Or, I'm thinking I might go ahead and drop some cash on the s60. I have been a VW and BMW man my whole life. I've had turboed vw's and supercharged BMW's, both with crazy suspension and brake work. SO i'm thinking I might throw some cash around. See what some of you guys think. HEres what i'm looking at, first BSR PPC and a heiko exhaust, KN filter, maybe port match the intake if I get the time to do it myself. Then brakes, probably cross drilled fronts and rears, mintex pads, and go over to ATE super Blue brake fluid, (i've had lots of great experience with these products) Finally suspension, Just get the 1.2 inch drop springs and some koni shocks, I don't need adjustability. Then some new end links and finally I might make my own poly motor mounts. I've done it before its a lot of work but it really lays the power down and makes shifts cleaner. My question is to anyone in the know, does any of this seem, frivolous to you? Is it worth doing this to a S60, is the platform worth it?

Old 11-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: upgrade time.

Is this s60 a turboed one or not? If your getting the PPC seems like it is. But if it isn't turboed then it isn't worth it.

A Heico exhaust is not worth it. Go custom and if your turboed don't forget about a 3" mandrel bent downpipe.

And get IPD sways best suspension mod ever and get QuickbrickMotorSports endlinks.

Old 11-01-2006, 01:35 PM

argh, she be turbo.

Old 11-01-2006, 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: adub96

argh, she be turbo.
1. Ok with that said. I suggest you do a full STAGE ZERO first.

Full stage 0 list:

Plugs
cap/rotor
oil/transflush
filter (oil)
hoses (the little vac lines)
samco hose kit or Stylin Motors Inc.
02 sensors
fuel pumps
clean injectors
clean IC/IC plumbing
Air filter
plug wires

2. I suggest you have a baseline DYNO done so you know what your car is doing stock. And also get a BOOST/VAC gauge. Egauges is the place to get your boost/vac gauge. I suggest getting a Autometer gauge. As for a pod no one makes pods for the s60 so you will have to find another mounting solution.

3. Now is when you should upgrade your downpipe and exhaust system. I suggest a 3" mandrel bent downpipe to a 2.5" mandrel bent free flowing catback system. Magnaflow muffler sounds very nice. Heico may make a nice system but you can have a downpipe and catback made at a local shop for much much much less.

4. I would suggest another DYNO after these upgrades to see where your at. Also with both DYNO's get A/F ratios.

5. This is when you should get the BSR PPC and or an IPD or RICA ECU upgrade.

6. After this, re-DYNO the car and see where your at. I know you will see a big improvement over stock. However if you don't DYNO throughout the process you really wont know where you stand.

Old 11-01-2006, 04:47 PM

thanks for the help, I kinda figured all that. I looked into getting a local shop to make an exhaust for me. I have a flowmaster sitting in my garage and some 2.5 tubing so I have all they would neeed save for a little skill. I"ll probably will putting in a new timing belt and doing a trans flush soon. New plugs for sure.

Old 11-01-2006, 04:53 PM

ORIGINAL: adub96

thanks for the help, I kinda figured all that. I looked into getting a local shop to make an exhaust for me. I have a flowmaster sitting in my garage and some 2.5 tubing so I have all they would neeed save for a little skill. I"ll probably will putting in a new timing belt and doing a trans flush soon. New plugs for sure.
Do not use the Flowmaster on your car. A Flowmaster muffler uses baffles. And baffles on a turbocharged car are a NO NO. You want the most free flowing exhaust you can get. Magnaflow is a straight through design, no baffles. This is what you want. Any straight through design muffler. Magnaflows have a nice sound to them, that I why I suggest them.