Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What tires are you using on your S60R?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What tires are you using on your S60R?

I've got a 2007 S60R, manual transmission.

Wondering what kind of tires you guys like, dislike, use, have used, would or would not recommend.

Any and all input is appreciated.

Thanks.

-Dave
Denver, CO

Old 12-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run summer tires on my S60R year round since the winters here in the PNW are really mild. That said..
Currently I'm running Yokohama Advan Neova AD08's. Really like these tires. Sticky, great grip in the dry and the rain.

Before the AD08's I had a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE-11's. Another great tire with all the same qualities of the AD08's. Only reason why I switched was due to the availability of the RE-11's in the size I wanted when it was time for new tires.

Also the Toyo T1-R's are a pretty good summer tire as well. Not quite up to par with the other two but a solid tire just the same.

Since you're in CO, I'm assuming that you are wanting an all season tire? If so, I have been VERY impressed with the Continental Extreme Contact DWS. I ran them on my 850R last winter in the 8 or so inches of snow we got. Handled way better then the winter tires I had on the car the year before that.

Would not recommend the Toyo Proxes 4 all season, or any Zexus All Season tires. Was very disappointed in the lack of traction in both of those tires.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:15 PM

Thanks for the input.

Yea, I am looking specifically for all-season... the winters can be hairy here (though, doesn't look like it this year... looks like we're heading into a really nasty drought.)

I'm jealous that you guys get to run these "summer-only" tires. I've never experienced such a mythical creature.

The service guy at the dealership highly recommended the Continentals too. I feel like an old fuddy-duddy though considering those. Turtle-necks are functional too... ;-)

Keep it coming guys. If you have thoughts, please share.

Thanks again.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you want run summer tires, but buy each tire a turtle-neck to keep them warm and functional in the winter??? Let me know how that works out for you....

Year round summer tires is pretty awesome I must say. Lol

As "fuddy-duddy" as you may feel taking the dealers advice, they really are solid tires.

There's some more good tires here on Tireracks customer survey on Ultra High Performance All-Season tires...
Consumer Survey Results By Category

Old 01-17-2014, 01:38 PM

TacklaNHL,

The tire recommendations given to you by Mad Matt are all spot on. I would like to add to his list by including Michelin Primacy HP tires. While these are summer tires, I would highly recommend them for your Volvo S60 R.

If you're ever in need of winter tires for your Volvo then you might want to consider one of these tires.