Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Why Can't I get this hooked back up?!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 01:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Why Can't I get this hooked back up?!!!

I've been working on a front end rebuild of my 2005 S60 2.5t awd. It has been a 3 month trudge thanks to work and a back injury (unrelated). Now I have almost everything back together but I can't for the life of me figure out how the downstream O2 sensor clips onto the new steering rack. My fear is that the bit of plastic on the rack is wrong for my sensor. It has 2 holes on it that look like they are setup to accept two push pins like this sensor has on it:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vol...or-front-17137

I realize that the picture above is the forward sensor. The downstream sensor has clips on either side of it and no push pins. The red and black connector that holds things together has nothing to hook to the steering rack. If someone has replaced the sensors on a 2005 era Volvo like this could you please clue me in as to how this thing clips back onto the rack?

BTW the rack is the right Volvo part number for the car. I got the wrong one from FCP the first time and they made doubly sure it was right. I even rechecked with the dealer on the part number they would order for my car and it came back the same as on the box so I have eliminated the rack as a potential issue.

Old 04-15-2017, 08:33 PM

Well I zip tied the thing in place until I can find an answer. There is a local shop in town that has a good reputation. I'll probably swing by there and give them a good laugh after I get the car aligned. Everything is back in place, the harness is safely out of harms way. All bolts are torqued to spec. All I need to do now is put the interior back together, put the car on the ground and head to the alignment shop. I have pics and will post them once I recover them from backup. My phone cratered on me a week ago so getting the photos will take a few extra steps. Hopefully the zip tied connector will get a few laughs.

Old 04-20-2017, 09:49 AM
Default Rednecking at its best

The picture above is my temporary solution until I can roll on over to a shop and amuse them for a bit. Unless someone can tell me how this blasted O2 sensor harness hooks back up to the rack.

Just in case the picture doesn't load correctly, here is the link: https://pix.sfly.com/0m1NVU