Volvo S70 Made from 1998 to 2000, this sporty model replaced the 850 sedan and instantly became a hit.

A/C Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Issues

I have a 1999 S70 2.5L It is a great car. Last summer and now this summer the A/C will just cut off. It is not after any predidatable time, or Temp. It will blow very cold air and then go warm. There is one other odd thing that happens. That is that the outside temp display will some times read "DISC with dashes on all the other iteams". I do not know if they are realated? The A/C will work even then the "DISC" is showing. Sometimes if we stop for a couple of mins then the A/C will not come back on. I have read a lot of the other post and wonder if anyone has any ideas? Iam not sure if it is the clutch or whole system.

My wife drives this car and she would be very happy if we did not have to spend $1,100.00 to fix. and everyone knows when she is happy everyone is happy. Thanks for any help.

Jim

Old 06-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: A/C Issues

I would say compressor.
Unless you can find someone cheap to rebuild it or Regap the Clutch.
The main cause is the Clutch gap is to great.
But most of the time the Clutch new is like over $300.00 and the compressor is not much more.
And also sometimes the new clutch is installed and then the compressor goes bad.