Volvo S70 Made from 1998 to 2000, this sporty model replaced the 850 sedan and instantly became a hit.

Coil Pack / Igntion Wiring questions still a noob

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coil Pack / Igntion Wiring questions still a noob

Hi,

I have a 99s70 that has been having some electrical / timing issues. My mechanic had only pulled some ignition codes but could not tell which coil/wiring it was. My brother in law's code reader couldn't either. Well anyway, I have taking off every coil pack and visually inspected for cracks. No signs of cracks. Also changed plugs while I was in there. They needed it . No improvement after this though I did notice that two coils ( 2 and 5 ) had loose springs ( not sure of right name ) that I could easily pull off and push back in. The other three did not. Is that normal ? I am trying to isolate the issue.
I am also concerned that it may be the wiring from the coils. Now this is where I am even more confused. When I type ignition wiring into parts searches, what comes up looks nothing like what I see from the 5 ignition coils? What are the wires coming from the igntion coils as compared to what I see when I type in igntion wire set in parts searches. Can these be culprit of bad performance issues? Any help or pointing in the right direction/pictures would be so appreciated.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel injectors?

Just thought of something . . would severely clogged fuel injectors cause this type of problem? thanks again for any help or advice