Volvo S70 Made from 1998 to 2000, this sporty model replaced the 850 sedan and instantly became a hit.

P0112 Intake air temp sensor low input

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Right side ambient temp sensor is present on my car with it's own conduit and connector attached. It's mounted in the opening under the the radiator on the drivers side...
I do notice there are 2 round holes in the bracket this one is attached to.... Like maybe there should be 2 sensors on the same bracket.... This would make sense being the conduit that's missing the connector and sensor are within 1 foot of the bracket, just tucked up out of the way....
I disconnected the sensor that's there and with alligator clips connected the wires missing the connector... Just to see if the car responded any differently,... Didn't notice any change or see any warning lights...
But I didn't a take the car out for a drive like this..... Only thing i noticed was the temperature reading on the dash was 0 instead of 21c (or whatever the temp is).....
BTW.... Is there a way to make this read in Fahrenheit ???
I have NO IDEA what 24c is....

I guess I should get another sensor and connect it.... Maybe the car will run better than it does, although since I fixed the fuel pump issue the car runs great.

Any idea where I can get a connector? our local junk yard just crushed the only Volvo they had 1week before I called them looking for parts.

Thanks guys!
RZ

Old 03-04-2012, 08:25 PM

(volvo 98 GLT) Hi,

I just went out and checked the color of the wiring for each sensor.
They both have a black corrigated tubing around them. The one on the
passenger's side is brown and yellow wires. There is a small alligator clip on it but I just jam it up through one of the holes. On the driver's side, its the same sensor , but the wires are black and green. I think someone mentioned these goes to the dash board to give the temperature. I know the other one goes to the computer, and gives a check engine light one when disconnected. hope this helps ...

Old 06-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Default IAT sensor

Im almost positive the IAT is the small sensor located behind bumper on passengers side. it has nothing to do with MAF sensor, you will get other codes if the MAF goes out or the car wont start. theres one for the outdoor temperature on the drivers side that is similar. the IAT will throw a p0112 or P0113 code and the outside temp sensor should show strange temps or not show temps on your dash if its faulty. the P0112 can be replaced for roughly 30-40 bucks. It is hard to find on ebay, some of them say its a IAT but it sure doesnt look like the right sensor. link to the IAT sensor>>>>>>

Volvo 850 IAT Sensor - Free Shipping - OES Genuine

good luck!

Old 08-05-2015, 05:23 PM
Default Cannot find the sensor

On the drivers side behind the bumper it is easy to locate the sensor. I cannot find the sensor on the Passenger side. If it's not too much to ask can someone take a picture of their sensor or just explain in detail where it's located so i can get this damned CEL to turn off!

Thank you all for your help.

Old 12-13-2020, 12:37 AM

I have come across a number of problems with any part of the electrical system and the point i will recommend is the grounds, the electrical components are activated through grounding and i have found a bad ground can caue a number of issues from just one ground point. good luck