Volvo S70 Made from 1998 to 2000, this sporty model replaced the 850 sedan and instantly became a hit.

Power?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power?

I dont know yet if the S70 hsa US specs or EUR specs or CAN specs, but would this work for a EUR or CAN specs car?

http://www.vivaperformance.com/catal...roducts_id=230

and if i buy that do i need an sport exhaust system?

and after that what would this do?

http://www.vivaperformance.com/catal...roducts_id=267

Old 06-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Power?

ORIGINAL: tupapison

I dont know yet if the S70 hsa US specs or EUR specs or CAN specs, but would this work for a EUR or CAN specs car?

http://www.vivaperformance.com/catal...roducts_id=230

and if i buy that do i need an sport exhaust system?

and after that what would this do?

http://www.vivaperformance.com/catal...roducts_id=267
Viva Performance is the U.S. RICA dealer. So I believe they deal with RICA only in the U.S. spec Volvos. That is thru Viva Perofrmance. RICA does do other Volvo specs but they are out of the U.S. and might cost more I don't know.

Secondly to answer your second question that $100 remap is for when you upgrade performance parts on your car. Lets just say you go to RICA for an ECU upgrade on your STOCK Volvo. Then down the road you install a downpipe, catback, etc... Or even just a downpipe. You would want the most performance out of that downpipe or other performance parts right? Well you would send the ECU back for a remap and they would map it again for your new performance parts.

-----------------------------------

The best idea is to do an ECU upgrade last. You should first dyno your car stock and get A/F ratios with it as well. Then mod your car with your downpipe, catback and whatever other engine performance mods your going to be doing or want to do. I would suggest dynoing after each mod to see the increase or decrease and get A/F ratios. However if you don't want to spend the money for that. Do all your mods when your done dyno them with A/f ratios. Then send RICA your stock dyno sheets with a/f ratios as well as your modded dyno sheets or sheet with a/f ratios so they can tune your ECU to those specs.

Why send them the stock dyno sheets, just so they had a baseline idea of what your car did stock.

Old 06-12-2006, 08:02 PM

I dont believe that there's a dyno thing here in Panama, so that would be a problem, i would like to do: Buy the software upgrade and whatever is necessary for that to work(if my car has US specs, so i would need a downpipe, a cat converter? omg, and is the remap necessary?

Old 06-12-2006, 08:07 PM

For the ECU upgrade to work all you need to do is send RICA your ECU for them to tune.

You don't need to have a downpipe or catback system for an ECU upgrade.

The thing is though is that if you do have a better downpipe and catback system etc... you want the full performance right? So you send your ECU back to have it remapped for the new performance mods. So that you get the full performance from them.

Old 06-12-2006, 08:13 PM

Oh ok, so the thing that is worth $800 dollars is the first thing, and i need to remove my ECU and send it to them >_>, I dont think im going to do that because its too much trouble since i dont live in the USA,

What other upgrades are there available that will increase my HP?

Old 06-12-2006, 08:26 PM

-Downpipe, go three inch mandrel bent or don't do it at all in my book.
-Catback, if your not upgrading your turbo go 2.5" mandrel bent with a free flowing muffler like Magnaflow
-EST intake, K&N panel filter, or just replace your stock airfilter with a brand new one
-A-TECH intercooler, or a custom FMIC setup
-CAM timing tool from Slater (Quickbrickmotorsports, search for him on Google)

More exspensive, upgrade your turbo to a bigger one, bigger fuel injectors, nitrous....

However with a bigger turbo your going to want an ECU upgrade so you one don't blow something up anf two to gain maximum performance.

Also you can buy a stock ECU from Volvo or over the web and send that one to RICA to have chipped then install it in your car, so you have no downtime.

Old 06-12-2006, 08:46 PM

Hmmmm, i think ill stay with the stock 240hp this is too much hehe

Old 06-12-2006, 08:51 PM

Well Volvo performance items are not cheap. Don't think you have a Honda and can get away with spending $500 and you get power. It isn't like that with our Volvo's.

You put money into it and you get good results.

Old 06-12-2006, 09:44 PM

Yeah, but i mean, what about the chip from speedtuningusa? Do i need to send them my ecu?

Old 06-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tupapison, did I miss something here? Did you buy an S70? I see where you are buying a new grill and performance parts, but I missed where you bought a car.

Old 06-12-2006, 10:21 PM

Yeah, but i mean, what about the chip from speedtuningusa? Do i need to send them my ecu?
YES, unless you live in the USA and are on the East coast near Maryland and can drive to Oilver's shop to have it done.

These are your choices. 1. Taking out your ECU from your car and shipping it to RICA, SpeedTuning USA, etc... And then them shipping back to you and you putting it back in the car.

2. Buying a second ECU that works with your car and sending it to RICA, SpeedTuning USA, etc... And when they send it back you take out your stock one and put the upgraded one in.

So you will have a stock one to turn back to if you got to send your upgraded ECU back out if something is wrong with it and or sending it back out for a remap.

Old 06-12-2006, 10:45 PM

How much are ECU's worth?

Old 06-12-2006, 11:20 PM

How much are ECU's worth?
I don't know, but seriously do some SEARCHING, Also become a member of VOLVOSPEED.COM ok they have very good info over there.

Old 06-13-2006, 02:00 AM

would this do the trick?
http://www.eurosporttuning.ca/Mercha...Code=VL-S70-en

but in the description it says S70 T5 1999-2000, so i guess it wont work for my car