Volvo S70 Made from 1998 to 2000, this sporty model replaced the 850 sedan and instantly became a hit.

remote functions adjustable?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote functions adjustable?

When I lock the doors with the remote, the parking lights flash. When I unlock the doors, they dont. I have to listen for the locks to be sure they are open. Can I change this function somehow? When I walk towards the car I would like to hear or see something to let me know the doors are unlocking. It would be nice to hear a horn beep too when locking/unlocking. I couldnt find anything in the manual about this. My van has several combinations of lights and horn available.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:07 AM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I think you have what is offered. If you are approaching your car, it's not good for people around you to know that you have unlocked your car. Someone could try to get in the other side if they know you have unlocked it.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:11 PM

Wow, never heard of that before. When I leave work, while walking to my van, I unlock and open the sliding doors to begin the cooling down process. Are there people that randomly walk around waiting for someone to unlock the doors of their car? They need to get a life! While on the lock/unlock topic, maybe you can help me with a problem that just popped up. The weekend before last I replaced a speaker and reglued the panels of the driver side door. Sunday I went to put gas in the car and the gas lid wouldnt open. I took the panel off to make sure I plugged in the connection, it was plugged in (the trunk latch doesnt work either). While trying to figure it out, I noticed the lock/unlock button on the door wasnt working. Also, using the key in the door will unlock the door but not the others when turned twice. When using the remote, the other doors unlock when the button is pressed twice. I am going to check the local junkyard this weekend for the window/door lock combo switch. Do you think that could be the problem? I read that the gas door is tied into the central locking system somehow. Thanks for your time!

Old 08-25-2011, 08:46 AM
Administrator

I would pull the door apart and make sure everything is plugged in. Strange that the remote opens things but the buttons don't. I'll poke around and post back if I find anything.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:53 AM
Administrator

I searched and read around and it claims that the latch assembly is likely bad (trunk/fuel door switches). Would be strange for it to go out all the sudden, when you was messing with the panel.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:12 PM

Yes, I think it unusual that the switch would go out like that. Also, the lock button on the door by the window switches, doesnt work either. I did play around with the connections to make sure everything was connected. I think I saw a window switch panel at the junkyard last week. I am going tomorrow morning to see if it is still there. I will look for the gas/trunk switch too. Thanks for your input.