Volvo S70 Made from 1998 to 2000, this sporty model replaced the 850 sedan and instantly became a hit.

XM Radio

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM Radio

Does anyone else in here have XM in their S70? I've got the SkyFi2, had it in the car for about 9 months now, but I'm looking for other places to install it. It's currently clipped to the a/c vents, but this doesn't work too well because of the oblong shape of our fins inside the vent.

Old 11-16-2005, 12:03 AM
Default RE: XM Radio

I have the same one and I haven't found a good place to mount it. For now I have it sitting next to the e-brake handle. I'll probably get rid of this one and get the smaller myfi2go or whatever it's called. It's much smaller and should be easier to mount. I don't like the skyfi2 because the car adapter is bulky and it looks out of place wherever you put it. I like a clean uncluttered look and this isn't cutting it.

Old 11-16-2005, 12:56 AM

Well I found this while searching on Google: http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/Adobe/VO-54-98.pdf
This afternoon I bought a mount from Best Buy before I found this site, but the mount looks the same, so I think I should be able to install it the same way.
If you're going to get a different XM Radio just get a headunit that has XM built in.

I've also thought about taking out the ashtray and mounting it down in the change tray.

Old 11-16-2005, 01:53 AM

I was looking at installing an XM Roady 2 in the Ashtray. It will fit.

Old 11-16-2005, 08:46 PM

Ideally I would get the Kenwood double-din DVD player and scrap the stock radio but I just got rid of a highly modified car and I don't want to go down that road again. I also want a portable unit so I don't need to buy 2 subscriptions to XM. The new unit is about the size of an Ipod so it should be much easier to find a place for it. That mount looks like it should work well.

Old 11-16-2005, 09:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Air Defender

I was looking at installing an XM Roady 2 in the Ashtray. It will fit.
It's not just having it fit, it's having it be readable from the drivers seat as well...

I popped the radio and HVAC controls out today to take a look, and the mount looks like it'll work well. Now I just need to find someone with a drill and decent bits.

Old 11-19-2005, 10:39 AM

I was looking at installing the XM Roady on some sort of hinge so that it would fold down to close the ashtray and pop up when you pull it out. I can do a manual set-up, but I am trying to figure out how to make raise and lower automatically. Still working on it.

Old 11-19-2005, 04:35 PM

Well the damn vent-clip just broke on me last night :-( Guess I'll have to go through with the mount install today, I'd take pics if I could find the damn charger for my camera.