Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Airbag/Brakes/Electrical Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag/Brakes/Electrical Problem

Hi guys, in a bit of a sticky situation here. It started on a hot day a couple of days ago, and nothing was wrong with the car, I was actually thinking of how good of shape its in for 126k miles. So as I'm walking to the car, the first thing i noticed was the keyless entry didn't unlock the doors. So I use the key to open my side, and the unlock button on the door unit fails to unlock any doors. The first message I see on the computer says "Airbag failure - service immediately". So I turned the car off then on again, and that message is gone, and i now get "Brake Failure - Stop immediately". After seeing this the first time, ONLY the driver side window worked. Now, they all stopped working.

The radio comes on and plays music through the speakers, but the lights on the radio display do not light up. The blinkers nor the computer control **** works. The windows or locks do not work. The only gauge that works on the dash is the speedometer. No tach, temp, gas, clock.

And I think what I need fixed soonest is the gas door. Since the car is 'stuck' locked, the gas door is locked with it, and I am not sure of a manual way to get into it. I need this because the last time the car was working (with the gas gauge) it was low, so I need to get some gas in there to drive it around at least.

Thanks a lot for all of your time and any responses.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Wink

I think you have a battery problem... Have the battery check ASAP first..

Old 06-07-2010, 07:25 PM

Do you think it could be the battery even though some of the electronics come through full strength? And also the car starts up fine with no problems.

Before I even read your response though, I remembered a few times I got my car worked on and they disconnected the battery and it reset everything. So I opened up the trunk, disconnected and reconnected the negative, and this enabled me to close the windows and unlock the doors to get to the gas tank.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:05 AM
Wink

If they disconnected the battery sometimes this cars the unlock lock locks and the moonroof will not work but theres a way to reset it u should press the unlock button on the beeper of the car several times then problem fixed, if not check the fuses on driver side when u open the door on the dash ur gonna see it the box with all the fuses check them one by one