Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Average MPG display

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Average MPG display

I had my ABS Control Module repaired and upgraded last January. It worked fine when I got it back, but since then I have experienced an intermittant problem with a sudden drop in the average MPG reading. For example I will drive home and as I enter the driveway I will see that the Average MPG might be about 28. The next day after I pull out onto the highway I will check and the MPG might have droppedto as low as 15. This is without any idling or fast starts or long uphill pulls. Not enought time or miles to make that much of an average drop with the type of driving I am doing. This happensunpredictably and seldom so I can't watch what is going on with the instantaneous mpg or odometer.

My guess is that it is not recording the miles driven for a period of time, although the speedometer, and I think, odometer are working properly. My second guess is that it thinks it is using a lot more fuel then it actually is. At the price of gas I am trying to get as goodeconomy as possible and thismakes it hard to monitor.Has anyone elso seen this? Any ideas please?

Norman

Old 10-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Average MPG display

I am having the same problem with mine as well, however I know my odometer is not working and neither does my trip computer. (Well the trip computer works when the ASB module works but that is only for a maximum of about 20 minutes every 2 weeks) I think what is happening with mine is that the ABS Module is not communicating to the computer. I am afraid to take it to Volvo and spend a lot of money on something as easy as a fuse. A good example of that is my turn signals high beams, and windshield wipers did not worked. I found online that if I replaced the 20 and 21 slot fuses on the driver side fuse box that it would work and it did. So I hope that it is an easy fix like that.