Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

bobcat

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bobcat

Tue night a bobcat ran out on the interstate right in front of me and I nailed it without even having a chance to lift the throttle. Messed up a bunch of the plastic bumper junk and bent the crud out of the A/C condenser. Had an estimate yesterday and further inspection revealed the radiator is also bent.

On the up side the car is still ok to drive - no apparent leaks... yet....
I cobbled the plastic bits together secure enough to get around until the repairs can be scheduled.

Any concerns over getting a new A/C condenser and Radiator? I hate to get them changed if they are not leaking but they are really bent and I suspect possibly to the point of imminent failure. (The A/C is bent to the point of touching the radiatior along the bottom)

Old 03-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If you're a few hours from home some Christmas Eve and your AC goes out it's usually not a big deal, your radiator on the other hand.........

That said, I live in Texas and the AC is pretty important. Get everything fixed, call your ins.agent, don't let PETA hear about it and you'll be happy

Old 03-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something else I just noticed - the outside temp reading is not working.

Is there a sensor somewhere in the nose that may have been disconnected/destroyed??

Old 03-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

On older 80's Behind the bumper fascia "L" shaped bracket with the sensor attached - most likely where you hit the late feline.