Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Car starts hard in cold weather.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Car starts hard in cold weather.

OK I can post, thanks Tech!
I bought my Daughter a 2001 S-80 2.9 last month the car has 43,400 on it looks very clean and I ran the Car-Fax on it. No red flags came up; however, it did show that the dealer ran a Body Diagnostics on it. We noticed that the sunroof did not work took it to the local Volvo dealer. Their mechanic came out to see if it was the “simple fix” (something to do with the keyless remotes?) but it was not. He said we would have to bring it in so they could check it out, maybe this spring. Does anyone know of any known problems with the sunroof?

The other issue is in cold weather it starts hard, turns over slowly as if the batter is low. Called the dealership they said they would replace the battery at cost for me. Well I removed the battery hold down and cover to find a brand new battery, but no vent tube kit on it. The battery is a group 74 size H6 so it is the right battery just needs a vent kit added. Do you think the sunroof could be causing the drain on the battery? They are going to look at it Monday but the selling dealer is not a Volvo Dealer and they do not have anyone with any Volvo experience. If they cannot find anything, I am going to take it to a local automotive shop that specializes in electrical problems. Took them ½ an hour to find the short in our Stratus and the dealer had 4 hours in it before they gave up.

Forgot to ask about the headlamps, there is moisture (a lot) inside the headlamps and I was wondering just how do you get these headlamps out! I removed the bolts on the top but can't see the bottom of the headlamps. I'm thinking there must be something holding it in place on the bottom somewhere but can't see anything. So how do you remove the headlamp assembly? I ordered the Volvo Service Manual off e-bay but can't get it to run on my computer to date. They say they are shipping me a new disc set just have not gotten it yet.

Don

Last edited by dtropnevad05; 01-09-2010 at 03:31 PM.