Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

changing wiper blades

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing wiper blades

hey folks, I ve got a 06 S80. Anyhow, thinking about changing the wiper blades soon as spring rain is hitting my area. I m kinda a car noob here, so I was just wondering can I buy a generic brand wiper blade to replace the orginals ones or should I get genuine Volvo parts? Also, how easy is it to perform the change myself considering that I never done one myself?
Thanks guys.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put Bosch wiper blades on my 02 s80 and I have also used michelin blades with no problems...

If I remember correctly, the OEM blades have a curve on the passenger side so some replacements might not fit perfectly, but I havent had an issue with this....

Right now tirerack has buy one valeo blade get the other free.. so it'll be about $20 after shipping... one of the better deals I would say

All I would recommend is to go for a "frameless" or beam wiper blade... So much better not only in terms of looks but also performance..

Old 03-14-2010, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by nicolaselias
I put Bosch wiper blades on my 02 s80 and I have also used michelin blades with no problems...

If I remember correctly, the OEM blades have a curve on the passenger side so some replacements might not fit perfectly, but I havent had an issue with this....

Right now tirerack has buy one valeo blade get the other free.. so it'll be about $20 after shipping... one of the better deals I would say

All I would recommend is to go for a "frameless" or beam wiper blade... So much better not only in terms of looks but also performance..
Hey thanks a lot for the info and also the site, very helpful. Just got a couple more questions. First, it says in the owner manual that the driver side blade is longer than the passenger side, so do you happen to know what lenth spec is for each wipers? (here is the link http://tires.tirerack.com/search?view=list&w=valeo), also, when you say " beam wiper" is it the same as "hook up"?
thanks a lot man, sorry for the long question.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:48 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no need to apologize for questions...
I lengths of the blades vary by brand...
If using tirerack, search specific to your car and then look at the blades available...
I'm not sure of the sizing on your s80 but tirerack will only give specific results...

you could also check out amazon for decent pricing..

If what you get there is not within your pricerange.. go to your local wallymart and pick up two of the michelin radius blades and get $10 back via rebate
http://www.michelinwiper.com/docs/27...rt_Rebate3.pdf
These are good quality and I use them on two of my cars right now...

Finally, you can always go to your autzone, advance, kragen, pepboys sort of place and see what they have available... Bosch Icon is just about one of the best you can get but prepare to pay for the quality..

Im not too sure about "hook up" wipers, havent heard the term before... The difference between beam and normal wipers is that normal ones have the metal frame (bracket) behind the blade itself to support it whereas the beam (bracket less) style does not...

Old 04-11-2018, 10:58 PM

Maybe it is too late to advise, after all, it hasn't been updated for so long. But in case anyone who see it, I would like to suggest that you can go and get the best wiper blades from Amazon or eBay. There you have a lot of choices.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:20 AM
RIN
Default Wipe blades...

I have had success with Trico brand replacement blades.
Available on Amazon.
For my 2014 XC70, I bought the 26" driver side and 20" for the passenger side.
Came to $14.95 and $12.50.
Yo can confirm your size on the Trico website.