Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

do they make any exterior mods for the 99 s80?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 03:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do they make any exterior mods for the 99 s80?

Just was curious if anyone makes any exterior mods for my car, whether it be grilles, bodykits, headlight/tailights...etc.

Nothing ricey, just something to make it a little more sporty-ish and to personalize it somewhat.

IPD and Volvospeed seems to make TONS of upgrades for the s40, s60 and s70...but I have yet to find anything for my car. Why?

Old 11-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: do they make any exterior mods for the 99 s80?

Great question, I wouldn't mind buying an aftermarket grille or something like that!

Old 11-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: HelgaTheS80

Just was curious if anyone makes any exterior mods for my car, whether it be grilles, bodykits, headlight/tailights...etc.

Nothing ricey, just something to make it a little more sporty-ish and to personalize it somewhat.

IPD and Volvospeed seems to make TONS of upgrades for the s40, s60 and s70...but I have yet to find anything for my car. Why?
Sorry Volvospeed is a Volvo FORUM not an aftermarket company.

And no there are no headlight upgrades, or body kits or grilles.

You could paint your current grille, but that is about it. And rims and tires are an option.

Old 11-24-2006, 05:31 PM

Sorry I made a mistake, http://www.eurosporttuning.ca/Mercha...Code=VL-S80-ex

EST sells these,
This product emphasizes the elegant line of your S80 and enhances it with an exciting sporty feature. Custom-tailored out of high-quality plastic - the front spoiler flaps provide for a most exact fit and easy mounting. Quality assurance follows ISO 9001 specifications. Delivered unpainted.

Quantity in Basket:none
Code: VLA-085-201
Price:US$459.00

Shipping Weight: 35.00 pounds

Old 11-24-2006, 06:41 PM

Sorry to sound rude, but if either of you had taken then time to look at the LINKS thread you would have found what I found for you.

All it takes is a little searching.

Threads like this clutter up the forum, when some searching is all that is needed. Then if you have any more pointed questions about said product or whatever then post.

Old 11-24-2006, 11:36 PM

By the way, last night after Thanksgiving I masked off the chrome slant and center logo on my grille, sanded the other areas and blacked it out with some spare semi-gloss wheel paint I had from a prior project on another car. It came out really nice. The chrome slant really pops out against the black areas. It makes the outside of the car less prissy and more "volvo-like" In my opinion. The chrome grille seemed a little out of place on the outside against all the black modling etc.

If anybody is interested in doing the mod, let me know. I figured out how to pop out the grille and paint it while it's off the car (so you don't get overspray everywhere!_

That's probably all I'll do to the exterior, with the exception of wheels. I MIGHT black out the real tail lights with some night shade, but not quite sure yet. I've already put in some sylvania silverstar bulbs which make visibility better, and I'll probably swap out the amber corner lights for blue or clear ones.

Suspension mods are a whole different story, however. I'm going to go to town in that department with Eibach springs, bilstein/KYB adjustable shocks, brembo brake rotors and 18" Voxx wheels.

Old 11-25-2006, 01:20 AM

ORIGINAL: HelgaTheS80

By the way, last night after Thanksgiving I masked off the chrome slant and center logo on my grille, sanded the other areas and blacked it out with some spare semi-gloss wheel paint I had from a prior project on another car. It came out really nice. The chrome slant really pops out against the black areas. It makes the outside of the car less prissy and more "volvo-like" In my opinion. The chrome grille seemed a little out of place on the outside against all the black modling etc.

If anybody is interested in doing the mod, let me know. I figured out how to pop out the grille and paint it while it's off the car (so you don't get overspray everywhere!_

That's probably all I'll do to the exterior, with the exception of wheels. I MIGHT black out the real tail lights with some night shade, but not quite sure yet. I've already put in some sylvania silverstar bulbs which make visibility better, and I'll probably swap out the amber corner lights for blue or clear ones.

Suspension mods are a whole different story, however. I'm going to go to town in that department with Eibach springs, bilstein/KYB adjustable shocks, brembo brake rotors and 18" Voxx wheels.
Good job on the grille. If it starts to peel or fade, use Plastidip. Painting the OEM Volvo grilles is an old trick that people have been doing for years.

Old 11-25-2006, 04:39 AM

does that grille just pop out for the s80?

Old 11-25-2006, 07:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

You can find pictures of my mods here.
http://www.volvo-forums.com/2000-Vol...tem-cid231.htm

I've just finished a major grille mod.
Cut out a grille from an late 2004 S80, removed middle chrome section of my 1999 - 2003 grille, and welded boxy 2004 grille onto my old frame. Sanded and repainted edges. It looks amazing. I'm working away from home but I will post step by step pictures next week when I get back.

I did the "paint only" mod a few months ago, ie painting the center portion black, but prefer the new boxy look. Also the new grille lets a lot more air in than the old one (which blocks a quarter of the air out).

Old 11-26-2006, 12:09 AM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: poopbunny

Hi there

You can find pictures of my mods here.
http://www.volvo-forums.com/2000-Vol...tem-cid231.htm

I've just finished a major grille mod.
Cut out a grille from an late 2004 S80, removed middle chrome section of my 1999 - 2003 grille, and welded boxy 2004 grille onto my old frame. Sanded and repainted edges. It looks amazing. I'm working away from home but I will post step by step pictures next week when I get back.

I did the "paint only" mod a few months ago, ie painting the center portion black, but prefer the new boxy look. Also the new grille lets a lot more air in than the old one (which blocks a quarter of the air out).
Looks good!!!
BTW still working on the clips (Sorry so long)